General Help with EQBC/EQBCS
Help with EQBC/EQBCS
I just hooked up an old laptop without a screen to my network in another room. I'm using TeamViewer to remote in and load up another set of characters.

I would like to be able to issue the 2nd group commands via EQBC. Can someone give me a quick explanation of how I would go about connecting my chars in the other room to my EQBC on my main PC?

Do I need to run the server program to do so? And if so, is it available for download? Doesn't seem to be in the MQ2 bundle I downloaded awhile ago.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

DC
Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm
Download the appropriate MQ for the client you are using, Load any plugins you might use (/plugin MQx), determine your control PC IP, execute MQ2 and EQBCServer on both machines and point the remote PC's EQBC.ini to the IP of the control PC.

I don't know anything about TeamViewer, but you can use MQ to issue commands to the group on the second PC without TeamViewer by making the appropriate hot keys, or loading .macs that lean toward additional automation and following the steps above.

There is a post here that I reference to create basic hot keys... http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=588

Hope that helps.
Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:47 pm
You only launch eqbcserver.exe on one computer. Otherwise the above is basically right.
Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 pm
Senior Project Member
Thanks guys, this helps a lot. I wasn't planning on leaving the remote viewer open during play time, just using it to get on to the other comp and load the chars (since it doesn't have a monitor attached). I currently run a six box using EQBC so I do have a pretty good command of what I can do with it.

Sorvani - you answered my question. I was looking in the MQ2 folder for MQ2EQBCS.exe, not eqbcserver.exe (weird that it doesn't follow the naming conventions for all the other MQ files). I will try setting up the server this weekend and hopefully I won't have too many problems. If I do, I'll be back to ask more questions!

DC
Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:44 am
it is not a DLL plugin like the other files. it is a separate executable. The EQBC plugin is as you know MQ2EQBC.dll

The original file was simply called eqbcs.exe and maudigan renamed it to eqbcserver.exe after some modifications sometime last year i believe.
Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:10 pm
Senior Project Member
Duh! I'm an idiot. Got it all figured out. This is what happens when I work long hours... I get stupid!

Was very easy, just had to reset my EQBCserver to localhost 2112 and then was able to run ipconfig, write down the IP, and point the chars on the other PC to it.

I don't think DHCP will pose a problem since my PC's are always on but if the internal IP does get switched it should be an easy fix.

Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it!
Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:16 pm
General Help with EQBC/EQBCS