Errors Could not connect!
Could not connect!
Hello all! I play on PEQ and use MQ2 along with the eqbcserver. Everything was going fine until I was suddenly unable to log onto eqbcserver. As far as I can tell MQ2 itself is working properly, I am able to load plugins, use /stick, etc. But I am unable to send commands to other toons.

I have tried reinstalling MQ2, using system restore to earlier date, and disabling firewall. None of these things have helped. Does anyone have any advice for what I can try?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Have you successfully connected before? Did it just break or has it never worked?
Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 pm
Project Lead
Go with the answer provided in your thread on the PEQ forums. it is likely the right answer.

http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12985

Log out all toons except 1. Run this command, and make sure it connects. Then everyone else can log in.

Macro
More +
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:37 am
Senior Project Member
Hi, thanks for the reply. Haven't checked back on the PEQ forums yet, but yes I have tried the /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 with no luck. The funny thing is that I have be using for at least a month with no problems, then all of a sudden it just stopped working.

Anyways, I just finally got fed up enough to reformat my computer and reinstall everything so hopefully this will resolve/erase the issue.

Thanks.
Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:34 pm
Not sure if this will help you, but I can't connect using that recommended IP. I am behind a router that assigns IP addresses and I have to identify that IP before I can connect.

My IP addy changes from time to time. when the Mrs turns on the wireless printer.. when the kids walk in and access the router with smart phones... if my PC isn't on when something new connects... my IP number slides down the connection chain.

You may have to check (IPCONFIG) to ensure your IP address matches the one you're attempting to connect with. You may find you have something like 192.168.1.x
Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm
Zatty just log into your router and see if you can set the IP for your game computer via mac address. The *only* good thing about my router is I can assign ip via mac and DHCP the rest.
Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 pm
Listen to This Guy
127.0.0.1 is a shorthand address that points a computer back to itself. 192.168.1.x or something similar is your local addressing. If your EQBC server is running on a different PC you need to use the 192.168... to connect to it. If it is running on the same PC as EQ then you can use the 127 entry, or the 192 entry that points to the local machine.

You can also create static IP addresses by setting up the PC to request a particular IP address that is at the upper end of your DHCP band, or by using MAC address reservation in a more modern router.

Here is some more info on your IP addresses. http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=609
Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 am
Project Lead
Errors Could not connect!