General Various questions
Various questions
I finally got serious about using plugins and macros and have some more questions. I play on PEQ:TGC and am using the Titanium Client and PEQ build with assemble date Oct 14 2011 7:19pm.

1. Temperence Stacking Issues
I made a hotkey with the following:
Macro
More +
/echo BAoR On=${Me.Buff[Blessed Armor of the Risen].ID}
/echo BAoR Stack=${Spell[Blessed Armor of the Risen].Stacks}
/echo Temp On=${Me.Buff[Temperance].ID}
/echo Temp Stack=${Spell[Temperance].Stacks}

With no buffs on, the hotkey returns NULL for buff IDs and returns TRUE for both spells stacking, as it should. With just Temperance on, the buff IDs are as expected but stacking returns false for both, which is incorrect (BAoR should return TRUE). With just Blessed Armor of the Risen on, buff IDs are correct but stacking returns false for both, which is incorrect (Temp should return TRUE). With both Temperance and Blessed Armor of the Risen on, buff IDs are correct and stacking returns false for both, which is true. I think this also extends to Virtue, though I'm not positive since my cleric isn't yet high enough to cast Virtue.

2. FindItem[ID number]
Is there a way to use the FindItem[] command using item ID's rather than item names? I can't find a way to input an item id and return an item name.

3. "You can't use that command now"
Is there a fix for the "You can't use that command now" issue that sometimes creeps up when staying in the same zone for long enough? Zoning fixes the issue. Camping and relogging fixes the issue. Sometimes waiting an appropriate amount of time fixes the issue. The issue appears randomly when trying to use one of the hotkey buttons. Using the keyboard to type in a command still works. Also, targeting corpses with the mouse does not work. I can use a /target command to target the corpse. However, right clicking to loot the corpse doesn't work and neither does typing the /loot command. This issue is most noticeable on characters I control manually, but it sometimes happens to others as well (noticed when I want to loot a no drop item with a specific character). As far as I can tell, this issue will happen eventually in any zone I kill in for a long period of time. This problem is reduced substantially when I decrease the number of EQBC commands sent/received (multilines are good!) but still exists.

4. MQ2MoveUtils causing extraneous ducking that isn't detected by MQ2
When I use MQ2MoveUtils stick as a way of following, it often results in that character ducking (oft offending stick command - /bca //stick id ${Me.ID} uw !front). Unfortunately, it's a dangerous kind of ducking. Other characters can see the ducking offender. The offending character can't see themselves ducking (camera in third person). Neither does MQ2 report the character is ducking (/echo ${Me.Ducking} returns false) even though other characters MQ2 can detect the ducking offender (/echo ${Target.Ducking} returns true). Unfortunately, casting a spell via normal methods (/cast 1) returns the "You must stand upright and still in order to cast!" error message from the server. Using MQ2Melee or MQ2Cast commands (/killthis and /casting) usually corrects the problem but many other commands are foiled by ducking not detectable by the client. Issuing a preventative duck/unduck command (/keypress d) does NOT work since the client doesn't think it's ducking. Short of doing a multiline of sit, then stand, then command, is there any way to fix the ducking? If that isn't possible can the ducking be detected from the character doing the ducking?

5. Multiple items on the cursor
Is there any way to detect how many items are on the cursor? If so, is there a way to tell what those particular items are that are not the one visible?
Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 pm
Senior Project Member
1. I'm going to defer on this to Sorvani, I think I remember him having some insight on this. If he isn't sure I'll have to look through the code.

2. As far as I know you can't do a find item using the ID, and I don't see that in the code.

3. I've never heard of this issue, can you elaborate on a specific example in as much detail as you can muster.

4. Again, I've never heard of this. I have an impulse to theorize that it is a server issue. MQ commands use the built in client functions, so they are doing things the client is normally able to do. That doesn't mean it's impossible that its MQ. I'm going to activate you as a gold member for a month. See how MQ2NetAdvPath works for you. Target your leader and do a "/netfollow on". It uses eqbc to record your pathing and play it back. This removes server lag from the equation and it also isn't a line-of-site pathing, it actually replays your path like a recording. There is documentation on it in the software/documentation forum.

5. I'm not sure I totally follow your meaning, are you wanting the names of the items hidden when say a quest giver hands you 5 things but your inventory is full? If that is the case as far as I know you can't. There is no data structure in the client to track that. Basically the server knows what is there and notifies the client what is in the cursor slot. When you clear it the server sends a new message telling the client what the new item is. This is a pretty interesting question, never heard this one before =)

I have to admit I'm a little tipsy right now, It's friday night =)
I may have better insight later.

To use the gold build select "gold" from the build option on the download page. MQ2NetAdvPath is approved for PEQ here, and MQ2EmuNetAdvPath is basically the same thing, but it is not specifically approved. There are some other plugins that are approved for there, but do your own research to make sure. Also make sure to swap out your map plugins, they are for sure not approved, PEQ uses MQ2MapLite.
Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 pm
Project Lead
1. The .Stacks functionality is not for the purpose you are wanting to use it. The two spells in your example do not stack, and the result of the .Stacks query is correct. Blessed Armor of the Risen will override Temperance, not stack with it. There is no good way to handle this because people want different things from their buffs.

2. Nothing that I know of

3. I've been in a zone for hours on PEQ and not had any problems like that. I would suspect you have something running away in a loop in MQ2 someplace.

4. In all of your EQ clients, go to Options and turn off allow auto duck. It is a nasty evil option when boxing. And not that fun when playing a single toon either.

5. As far as i know there is nothing to tell you how many items or which are pending on the cursor.
Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:53 pm
Senior Project Member
1. I'm going to defer on this to Sorvani, I think I remember him having some insight on this. If he isn't sure I'll have to look through the code.

This isn't as much of an issue now that I'm high enough for Blessed Armor of the Risen since it blocks and overwrites so many other buffs. The lower levels of the same line can be overwritten by shaman focus, which happened often, and I couldn't come up with an acceptable MQ2Melee downshit for the lower tiers. Likewise, coming up with a good Temperance downshit has eluded me: too many combination of buffs to check.

2. As far as I know you can't do a find item using the ID, and I don't see that in the code.

Alternative question: Is there a way to input an item ID and get the item name? It works for spells (${Spell[${spellid}].Name}) but I don't see an Item TLO or anything similar.

3. I've never heard of this issue, can you elaborate on a specific example in as much detail as you can muster.

I was afraid of this. I'll see if I can't get some more data on this. If you can think of any variables or data I might /echo when this happens, let me know.

4. Again, I've never heard of this. I have an impulse to theorize that it is a server issue. MQ commands use the built in client functions, so they are doing things the client is normally able to do. That doesn't mean it's impossible that its MQ.

Just to check into some possibilities: Does MoveUtils use duck to slow down the character nearing the destination? I think I saw a roguehelper macro do that long long ago. Does MoveUtils use/save/change duck status in anyway?

If it is a server issue, it's remarkably consistent. I can reproduce it with amazing regularity. Two ogres in group - one leading and one following. Port to PoK. Hit the stick/follow hotkey. Run to Dogle Pitt (Halfing Banker). By the time the follower makes it up the stairs outside Dogle's building, the following ogre is almost always ducking.

The ducker never sees their own ducking. The ducker's MQ2 can't detect duck status. All my other characters can see the ducker and their MQ2 can detect the ducking. Other players can see the ducker (tested in guild lobby). I haven't asked if their MQ2 can detect ducking.

I'm going to activate you as a gold member for a month. See how MQ2NetAdvPath works for you. Target your leader and do a "/netfollow on". It uses eqbc to record your pathing and play it back. This removes server lag from the equation and it also isn't a line-of-site pathing, it actually replays your path like a recording. There is documentation on it in the software/documentation forum.

Thanks, I think. /em looks at the number of plugins I've learned so far. /em looks at how much info had to be absorbed before feeling comfortable using them. /em looks at the plugins available to gold members. /em faints.

5. I'm not sure I totally follow your meaning, are you wanting the names of the items hidden when say a quest giver hands you 5 things but your inventory is full? If that is the case as far as I know you can't. There is no data structure in the client to track that. Basically the server knows what is there and notifies the client what is in the cursor slot. When you clear it the server sends a new message telling the client what the new item is. This is a pretty interesting question, never heard this one before =)

That's the rough idea. My particular interest lies in making sure I autoinventory mod rods but allow enough time on cursor to do things like manually swap items and scribe new spells as I level. If I could detect a mod rod somewhere in the stack, I would autoinventory everything and if not, I would relax for manual control.

Secondarily, I read about a bug having to do with the client and server getting out of synch regarding items on the cursor. I've myself run into an issue where the client informed me it couldn't find a spot for whatever it was the macro tried to autoinventory so it was destroyed (plenty of room in bags, it was a spell I was trying to scribe). I've run into some autoinventory issues with my mage summoning macros (small delay BEFORE the autoinventory solves a lot of problems).

In short, I'm scared of what may happen during a macro with brute force autoinventory + equipment swapping + looting + trading, etc. People say to not use the bandolier because it eats things. I've seen autoinventory eat a spell I just picked up out of my bag. I'm trying to come up with a scenario in which autoinventory is kept to a minimum. Detecting mod rods on the cursor is what I do now, but having a spurious item on the cursor while a mod rod is being cast breaks that completely.

Since I'm not able to detect stacked items on the cursor, my next approach is probably to record the ID of the item on the cursor. If it's the same ID for a set length of time (6s?) then /autoinventory. If the ID changes during that time, reset the timer.
Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:22 am
Senior Project Member
1. The .Stacks functionality is not for the purpose you are wanting to use it. The two spells in your example do not stack, and the result of the .Stacks query is correct. Blessed Armor of the Risen will override Temperance, not stack with it. There is no good way to handle this because people want different things from their buffs.

According to my client and the PEG:tGC server, they stack. Taken with a L59 cleric:
No buffs: 1484 hp
With Temperance: 2284 hp
With Temperance and BAoR: 2578 hp
With BAoR: 1778hp

Looking at the lucy data, they should stack. Temperance checks for slot 1 Max HP while BAoR checks for slot 3 Max HP.

4. In all of your EQ clients, go to Options and turn off allow auto duck. It is a nasty evil option when boxing. And not that fun when playing a single toon either.

Thanks! This seems to have fixed the issue. My super reliable method for producing this hasn't worked the last 5-6 times with that setting changed. I'm still baffled why the ducking client can't detect their own ducking.

Just to put this out there....I predict my ogre beastlord will suffer several horrible deaths running to the Hole, not being able to duck into the tunnel in Paineel, and falling into the death pit.
Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:42 am
Senior Project Member
On the item ID follow up, there is no item ID lookup TLO. The issue is that the client doesn't actually know all the item ID and item names. It does, because of the spells text file, know all the spell names and IDs. An inventory search by ID is logically permitted it's just never been written.
Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:44 am
Project Lead
General Various questions