Errors use of variables
use of variables
I just got my UF client working and wanted to get mq for it. I downloaded the MQEmu_Classic_Underfoot and got it working. But none of my macros that use a variable such as ${Sender} will use that variable in a /target ${Sender} or /assist ${Sender}. /target gainus works fine in macros. I have redownloaded the zip, I have downloaded the source code for compiling, but it just doesn't work. I am wondering if this might be a problem with my eq client, but i haven't found anything else that doesn't work with the client. Thanks :)
Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 pm
There is not a default variable called ${Sender} , so you need to check how it is getting populated.
Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:32 am
Senior Project Member
Sub Event_chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText)

I have also successfully transfered the name of Sender to a "define name string outer NULL" that could be echoed or have the name sent via tell, but could not target because "There is no spawn that matched: (0-100) any Gainus".
Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:45 pm
update, i was only testing with tells. the variables work fine when i use eqbc to trigger them, but tells and group chat don't work. and the variables /echo just fine, no spaces in front of or behind.
Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:01 am
Ok, found the problem, uf client adds chars that don't show up except when trying to use the variable. /target ${Sender.Right[-2].Left[-1]} works.
Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:26 am
Errors use of variables