General Macro conversion, Titanium to Underfoot
Macro conversion, Titanium to Underfoot
I'm in the process of making my first leap off of Titanium over to Underfoot. There are numerous features that I like about Underfoot, and all of them appear to be more user friendly for the boxer.

In any case, I'm about to begin converting my personal macros and INI files to be compatible with a more recent version of MQ2. What issues should I expect to encounter? For example, when running my macros using SOD MQ2, I always, and randomly, would see "flow ran into another subroutine" error in my MQ2 window. The source line was different just about every time it happened-- and it happened irregularly. Sometimes a bot would be fine for an hour or more, other times it would error out on starting the macro. This was across 15-20 characters at once. I was never able to uncover what the source of the flow routines was with SoD.

Other things I am aware I will have to change:
1. Spell names like Tnarg`s Mending -> Tnarg's Mending, Complete Healing --> complete heal, bard song names from `s to 's.

2. NPC attack animations. I coded my mez and assist routines based on NPC animation codes. New animations were added in GoD that made it exceptionally difficult to determine what NPC was attacking vs just standing out of aggro range. Does anyone here have experience or know where I can find new animation codes particular to SoD?

3. Inventory slot counting -- autoloot and changing items in and out of slots -- was this a particularly difficult problem to convert?

4. Window names and container names in EQ -- since this is built into MQ2, did they change the way they named containers or windows that will require me to update those window names in my macros?

Any feedback based on experiences or facts would greatly be appreciated.

-UHC
Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:33 am
I used Titanium for about 2 weeks when I first got on the Emu servers. didn't even get into MQ2 at the time.

I think the flow issue was some version of spell_routines, but not certain. I do remember posts on the subject a while back.

1. Get used to a little frustration as you find that single spell you rarely use not working :) But yeah that's most of it.

2. No idea, but shoot me a pm with an example if you want. I'll look.

3. Not changed as far as I know. It will all go to hell with HoT though, since they changed bags.

4. Again, no changes that I know of.
Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:37 am
Senior Project Member
Thanks Sorv, I appreciate the feedback!
Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 pm
MQ2NetHeal, underfoot.
So far I have found the following:

Difficulty: MQ2NetHeal lacks most of the TLO functionality.
WorkAround: Revert to using $ {Spawn[pc xxx].PctHPs} to assess actual PC health status.
Other: Functions like NetWorst appear to be intact for simply allocating the queue of bots that need heals, but NetHeal[x].PctHPs returns null.

Difficulty: /memorize spellname gem3 fails to delete the spell already in gem before trying to memorize the new spellname.
WorkAround: write subroutine to demem spells from gemslots before calling /memorize fxn.
Other: You must find an accurately updated Spell_routines.inc if you do not use MQ2Cast.
Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:03 pm
General Macro conversion, Titanium to Underfoot