Errors Wierdness with spawn search related things
Wierdness with spawn search related things
Seems like bug to me, so if it could be fixed, it would be awsome. Im probly one of the few to notice it.

But when using /target for example, inside a macro or from a chatbox, if I try to target my war it always targets my wiz or mage if thier present. Its cause my wars name is "Shib", wiz'z name is "Shibi", and mages name is "Shiby". As you can see, the entire 4 letters of my wars name are also the first 4 letter of my others. Its a nifty feature for /target to target something when only part of the name is given, but the bug part to me is that an exact match for the name given should take presidence over a partial match.

Ive slowly begone to code in a workaround into my macros, and if targeting from a hotkey or chatbox input, I could always just use "/tar Shib war". But it is a hassle. And sadly, that will only be useful on my end as only my macros will be changed. If my war was ever to MT anything where others are using macros, im sure they would screw up too. Of corse even if fixed, people would have to get that version of mq2, but meh. If a fix could get out there, the sooner the better.
Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:57 pm
/target =shib
We fixed it a couple moths ago :)
Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:24 am
Project Lead
OoooHHhh!!?

Nice!. I must test this out asap!

Even though its not a result of my post, thanks for the fix either way! =)
Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:25 am
Errors Wierdness with spawn search related things