Public Macros making a plugin work from main toon
making a plugin work from main toon
I am sure that i am missing something simple! i have read just about every post on this site and am still baffled.

toon1 clr main
toon2 war bot (hopefully)

I am using the underfoot peq down load. I have plugin's melee, cast, exchange, eqbc all on netbots on send on grab on. I can make my toon2 say hello with

/bca Toon2 //say hello

I can use /killthis on toon2 it seems to work good

the problem is i can not get toon2 to attack toon1's target

(I am using a social tab to make a hot key this is what it says)

/bc toon2 //target id %{target.id}
/pause 5
/bc toon2 //killthis

i have tried bc, bct, bca. i have also tried spawnname and %t
in the mq window of toon1 it reads

<toon1> toon2 //target id null
<toon1> toon2 //killthis

In the mq window of toon2 it reads

ther are no spawns matching (0-100) any
#cmd:[/killthis]
<toon1> toon2 //killthis

in the eqbs window it reads

<toon1> toon2 //killthis

I hope someone can tell me what i am missing. thanks in advance
Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:29 pm
getting better
ok got toon2 to atack but but did not stick a note to any newbies reading this make sure you get that caps right inside the {}. now i need to work on stick. i am using
on toon1 hotkey

/bct toon2 //target id ${Target.ID}
/pause 5
/bct hawkhunter //killthis

will update when stick works. thanks to all the post and to other newbies out there pay attention to what you read or i might end up like me lol.
Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 pm
feeling smarter
ok now this is better
toon1's hot key reads

/pause 5, /bct toon2 //target id ${Target.ID}
/pause 5, /bct toon2 //killthis
/bct toon2 //stick

now working on a way to get toon2 to come back to camp after mob is dead. right now i am using a seperat hotkey that says.

/bct toon2 //moveto id ${Me.ID}
Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm
at the point your at you really need to start looking into macro's instead of just hotkeys

but just my 2cp instead of using /pauses on your main screen (because this pauses your main character and stops you issueing extra commands) try

/keypress 1 and set a hotkey on the alt that has the /pauses this means your main account is free to issue more commands while ur alt goes though the motions including the /pauses
Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:41 pm
No need for macros for basic control like this.
Stick should have been locking on the mob via mq2melee if not then you have not got it configured right.

For return use makecamp

I'll post better details once I'm not on my phone.
Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:12 am
Senior Project Member
stick
when i use

/killthis

on toon2 it sticks fine but when i use

/bct toon2 //killthis

the attack tunrs on but does not stick.

I did some test and it does stick when the target is in range.

fyi i use three computers with 2 toons each. i have read that there is away to control toons on different computer but did not find the instructions yet. if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.

I have my tanks as as toon2 and casters as toon1. so with this set up i have been using

/pause 5, /bct toon2 //killthis
/bct toon2 //stick

to pull. what would be a better way?

Does the remote control give me a first person view so i dont have to alt tab all the time to zone, or accept quests?
Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:58 am
fyi i use three computers with 2 toons each. i have read that there is away to control toons on different computer but did not find the instructions yet. if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.

You are already using it, MQ2EQBC. On you main computer, figure out your local IP address. Let us pretend that you figure out it is 192.168.1.100. Then on your 2nd and 3rd computers, go to each toon and type
Macro
More +
/bccmd connect 192.168.1.100

This will cause them to connect to the EQBCServer.exe running on your main computer. Now you can control all 6 toons from your main computer. You only need to run EQBCServer.exe on the main computer not on the others.

when i use

/killthis

on toon2 it sticks fine but when i use

/bct toon2 //killthis

the attack turns on but does not stick.

for testing purposes, make 2 hot keys.
Macro
More +
Hotkey 1 Line1: /bct TOON2 //target ID ${Target.ID}

Hotkey 2 Line1: /bct TOON2 //killthis

Go to Qeynos or Freeport or some other newb zone.
On toon 1 target a rat/snake/whatever.
Now press hot key one and go check if TOON2 changed targets to TOON1's target. If it did, go back and press hotkey 2.

If this is working, then your problem is targeting lag on the client, Make your /pause longer.

now working on a way to get toon2 to come back to camp after mob is dead. right now i am using a seperat hotkey that says.

If you are using a static camp (aka not moving except to pull) then use the /makecamp function of MQ2MoveUtils.
Park all your non pulilng toons where you want them and then turn on the camp.
Macro
More +
/makecamp on

You can of course use a /bca or /bct to issue this. To make sure they return to camp after combat also turn on the leash, and if they are beyond the leash range after ending a fight, they will move back to within the camp radius.
Macro
More +
/makecamp leash

If at anytime you wish to force a toon to return to camp you can issue
Macro
More +
/makecamp return

Then if you are going to move cmaps or move somewhere else, do not forget to turn the camp off first, or you will find your toons leashing back while you are running across the zone.
Macro
More +
/makecmap off

Finally for general movement you should be using /stick. Here is a good hotkey to have your toons follow you.
Macro
More +
Line1: /bca //target clear
Line2: /bca //makecamp off
Line3: //stick ID ${Me.ID} hold !front uw

To turn off stick and set a camp
Macro
More +
Line1: /bca //stick off
Line2: /bca //makecamp on

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 pm
Senior Project Member
Networking FYI w EQBC
Just thought that I would add this in for future ppl using as reference, as I am a Network Engineer and thus have to add a tip that I am sure could become an issue for someone:

If you are (as most ppl do with these) running your home network router basically stock out of the box with little to no modifications, than you are probably running what is called DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol) on th LAN segment or Private (or even Trusted Network), in short, the PC's and other devices on the INside of your network connected via Ethernet cable, wireless, or even fiber optics do NOT have their OWN IP addresses. If these devices get powered on while connected to the routers "Trusted zone", the router hands out these 192.x.x.x addresses. There are occasions where the router may NOT handout the SAME IP address to say Billy's PC that he has had for the last several weeks (i wont go into the many possibilities why, just understand that this CAN happen). Knowing that when setting up EQBC Server and other types of local apps shared internally by mutliple PC's/devices WILL save troubleshooting headaches later. You could either look into your router for how to setup static IP addresses on these devices, or simply just being aware so that when the need to troubleshoot why Billy's PC setup as EQBC svr is no longer talking with Billy's PC#2 or Jake's PC, more than likely either the DHCP IP address has been changed from your usual, or some updates have occured in your virus and or firewall program to block the communication.
Hope I didn't cause more confusion, tried to keep it short, and I know alot of you are thinking.... c'mon man we should all know that!! Well here is to thinking about that guy that doesn't, and may have spent a couple days banging his/her head not knowing that there PC's IP address is NOT static and it could change without you knowing. Most newer home office routers use mac, arp, routing tables and caches, etc that get saved to a cmos with battery backup as to avoid losing this info and your configs, BUT even the big dogs that we work on have bad days!
Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:18 am
I set my pc's mac address to a static ip on the router. My router is old and has trouble assigning the ip I want on just my pc on the network. May be a ipv6 thing, im not sure.

But to start off I usally just do a quick IP check.

Start --> Run --> CMD enter --> IPCONFIG enter-->
Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:10 am
Listen to This Guy
Public Macros making a plugin work from main toon