General ::: Spawn Variances Live Weekend of 12/17 :::
::: Spawn Variances Live Weekend of 12/17 :::
I was just informed that all mobs on PEQ now have a variance in their spawn. This has been accurately shown for static mobs like Pyronis, Magmaton, and Babnoxis the Spider Queen in PoF.

Ok, to the point now. Mobs that aren't static like the War Chieftains and Warlord in PoEb do not even have a spawn location much less a timer. This is because they have a spawn trigger. When the 4 guys on top of their pyramids die, the war chieftains spawn, and when the chiefs die, the warlord spawns. This means that we do not even know the variance possibilities.

The PoF mobs that I spoke of in my first paragraph usually spawned in 3 days on the dot. now they can spawn anywhere from 2 - 3 days. The PoEb mobs that I have spoken of all respawn in 4 days of the warlord's death, if you kill the WL that is and if you do not kill the WL then each of the chiefs are on their own 3 day timer from the time that they died.

My request is that it be made public the new timers of these non-static/triggered mobs.

Thanks,
Vaulk
Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:44 am
Cavedude releases his database to us, but he can change things all he wants before we see it. Spawn variance is shown here in the spawn tables already, any variance cavedude adds won't be shown because we don't have the info.

For triggered mobs they are done using custom perl scripting. There are thousands of quest files. To show triggered mobs it would entail going through those files by hand and doing data entry. The other alternative is parsing th automatically, which is extremely problematic because the files differ drastically from one to the next.
Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:17 am
Project Lead
My understanding of the variance is 10% around the coded static spawn time. basically 5% before to 5% after the spawn

More +
                 HH:MM:SS
Killed Time      13:00:00
Respawn Timer    23:36:00
Variance         10.0%
Earliest Respawn 11:25:12 = Killed Time + ( Respawn Timer * ( 1 - ( Variance / 2 ) ) )
Straight Respawn 12:36:00 = Killed Time + Respawn Timer
Latest Respawn   13:46:48 = Killed Time + ( Respawn Timer * ( 1 + ( Variance / 2 ) ) )

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:43 pm
Senior Project Member
General ::: Spawn Variances Live Weekend of 12/17 :::