General EQ emu servers - vz/tz
EQ emu servers - vz/tz
its been a year since i stopped playing and it seems my old gold account went inactive. but now that im back im wondering if anyone has tried using MQ2 on the new vz/tz server? soon as you get into game it freezes then pops up with the mq2 or game crash error saying it blocked sending a report to sony for diagnostic.

I am just wondering if they couldve possibly changed something that made MQ not work properly there. the same copy works on all the other emu servers I can connect to, Tried renaming the exe/ini files to no avail. they -claim- they stopped people from being able to use MQ, but people on the server still use it. so im just wondering why or how I cannot. any information/help is appreciated, look forward to trying that new map in gold.
Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:42 pm
I've heard murmurs of them having an overflow that crashes the game if MQ is loaded. I haven't ever really had the temptation to look into it but it probably wouldn't be that crazy to overcome. Since we went legit (if that word works) we avoid targeting specific servers that don't allow MQ, or trying to overcome MQ detection or prevention measures.

I guess our mission now is to help people bot basically. The majority of servers have some wiggle room for MQ, and instead of working against them we've been teaming up with them. It has been really beneficial for us, and hopefully for them as well. We've been building a new integrated MQ distribution system that will let server operators, through a utility here, make their own approved MQ distributions. This will let their users get a MQ that has been custom tailored and won't get them banned with proper use. Awhile back it would have been absurd to think of server operators directing traffic here, but with our new policies we all get along better. Because of that more people are getting the benefit of MQ.

Anyway, the map plugin is awesome. I get a hard-on for it, and it's seeming to be pretty popular. It IS only available for sod/underfoot, some people miss that in the documentation. The gold account is a subscription service, so I'll go in an add a month of time for you to check it out. Glad to see you back!
Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:16 pm
Project Lead
I used the old map system back a year ago, are you conquistador? or someone else who took over. if vz/tz would approve MQ on a certain scale that would be awesome, because im not interested in using it for warping, zoning, speedhacks etc. the main thing i want is mq2hud and map if at all. your idea about the detecting of MQ crashing EQ is probably correct. since i get a sony bug report block by MQ for crashing 1 second into the game. the only lame part is that there is still dozens on the server who have working copies. its only a small server. 40 average 70-100 max maybe. Ill check out the map, i had gold for 6-7 months a year or more back when i was playing, fun times. this is without a doubt the best mqemu site out there. the rest ive seen copy what they can from here heh.
Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:58 pm
I more or less took over. I appreciate the complements though, things are really looking up around here. It amazes me : )
Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:18 am
Project Lead
just wish there was a either pvp or pve server like vz/tz with fast exp gain a big player base, 1999 is just slow as hell for exp. and PEQ well, isnt classic =/
Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:42 pm
just wish there was a either pvp or pve server like vz/tz with fast exp gain a big player base, 1999 is just slow as hell for exp. and PEQ well, isnt classic =/

Well I don't miss classic, so I don't play on P1999. I was never a PVP fan so I don't play on VZ/TZ. Servers like PEQ and Titan are my style.
Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:10 pm
Senior Project Member
General EQ emu servers - vz/tz