General under standing plugin basics.
under standing plugin basics.
Ok so im pretty new to MQ2, just got it setup and installed this week after some friends said it was great to have.

I am starting to see what all this can do, and my friends haven't even scratched the surface. they use it for /stick and thats it.

I get the macros and scripts to an extent, and i look forward to figuring it all out and writing my own scripts but,

the thing im having a hard time understanding is the plugins.

from what i get the plugins are basicly "macros" that were compilied to run with out using a macro.

for example in MQmelee is /melee aggro, if it is set to "/melee aggro on" then the toon will try to keep aggro if its lost.

question 1:

so on my tank

i want to load the plugin,

and do

/melee on

/melee aggro on

on my DPS i would do

/melee on

/melee aggro off

is this correct?

now i understand there are more command but his is just very basic.

question 2

once said settings/commands are entered they are saved to a character specific ini file correct?

example on my tank i would not have to enter the "/melee aggro on" command again unless i turned it off?

question 3

will the plugin I load on a toon auto load the next time that toon logs in?

if so, will the command entered into the INI auto load?

example: on my tank will eqmelee auto load when he logs in?

if so since the tanks INI file already has "/melee on" it should start and all other commands should start as well correct?
Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:32 pm
from what i get the plugins are basicly "macros" that were compilied to run with out using a macro.
more or less.

question 1:

is this correct?
Yes, that's exactly it.

question 2

once said settings/commands are entered they are saved to a character specific ini file correct?

Not until you issue /melee save

question 3

will the plugin I load on a toon auto load the next time that toon logs in?

Once you have used /melee save yes, it will read the ini file every time you log the character in.

See my post in the
Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:17 pm
Senior Project Member
Also, read the documentation forum here. There are some basics for each plugin in those posts.
Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:22 pm
Senior Project Member
Yeah i saw the doc on the diff plugins, thats were i got most of my info, thanks for the reply, ill do some testing this weekend. The save command wi deff come in hamdy
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:00 am
General under standing plugin basics.