Public Macros Guide to: Maximizing Physical Memory for Boxing using mounts
Guide to: Maximizing Physical Memory for Boxing using mounts
I have been curious about memory usage while boxing. I want to get more out of what I have already. This is some things I found out about that may be helpful to someone else.

In order to be on a mount, you need the new char model for that char checked which uses more momory. You don't need both genders checked, just the one you intend to use. This will reduce memory usage.

Next what I found is that having different INI files will free up memory also. If I play 6 chars and 4 are melee (no need for a mount) then I don't need the new models loaded across the board for all chars. I only need them loaded for the ones that do. I can have the melee load all old models and the 2 acounts that need the mount, just enable the models.

Finally, I set a fixed pagefile on a second hard drive. By fixed I mean the min and max size is the same number. It is on a second hard drive so system files dont have to fight for access to the read/ write head. Defrag before setting it so the pagefile is in one contineous section. here is a link for this http://lifehacker.com/5426041/understanding-the-windows-pagefile-and-why-you-shouldnt-disable-it

MQ2Clipper looks like a great pluggin that will also free up reasources by limiting background instances clipping.
Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:32 am
Listen to This Guy
The defrag and 2nd harddrive is brilliant
Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 pm
Project Lead
Public Macros Guide to: Maximizing Physical Memory for Boxing using mounts