Goto page 1, 2  Next Errors Sitting when using mq2moveutils PEQ SOD build
Sitting when using mq2moveutils PEQ SOD build
Occasionally my tank will start sitting as soon as I turn on auto attack.

I have had it happen 4 or five times, but I have been unable to find an exact cause to reproduce.

Once it happens, if I try a /moveto command the toon will immediately sit. The only resolution has been to reboot. The problem then goes away. Restarting EQ didn't fix it. Shutting down EQ and exiting MQ2 didn't fix it strangely enough.

If I can narrow down more specifics next time it happens, I will post it here.
Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:09 pm
Senior Project Member
I laughed a little : P
Yeah if you can figure out a trigger let me know, if I get on this weekend I'll play with it
Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm
Project Lead
I can play for days without it happening. So whatever the trigger is must be rare. I'm paying more attention now though, so I hope to catch something to help.
Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:09 pm
Senior Project Member
Ok, happened last night.

Rolled 6 toons on EQTitan since PEQ is down and I was bored.

Owned Glooming Deep with the DS from the bot in GL. Got MQ2Melee configured for everyone and all that. Got the Twilight Sea armor quests done and was level 10 so I went to Kerra and killed kitties till I was 16/15ish. Ran to WK to get my LDoN quest. Did /icmap (alias for /keypress instant_camp). Used mover to move toons back to Guild Lobby from nowhereville WK.

Was interuppted by my daughter deciding to be sick, so i hit /dcamp (/alias for /camp desktop) then /icamp and went upstairs.

Came back down later, ran to BB and over to wayfarer camp. Had a skelly beating on me during the hails but i ignored it until all six had their adventure stone.

At this point I hit auto attack and my warrior promptly sat down. Hit my asssit hotkey and the other toons who were told to attack also sat down. The common thing here is MQ2Melee using stick command to tell the toons to stick to their target.

Ran back to PoK and targeted and NPC then typed /moveto ID ${Target.ID} on my warrior. He sat down. repeat command, he stood up and ran to target. Same for the other toons

Edit: Looking back, I have never seen this happen unless I have logged out at least once.
Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:59 am
Senior Project Member
Do you use netbots?
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 am
Project Lead
It is loaded from the default install of the PEQ SoD build (ie in the INI), but I have never used any commands from it.

I use MQ2EQBC for all my intra-window commands

I'll unload it anyway. I should probably look more closely at what is running..

More +

/plugin list
Active Plugins
mq2peqmap - I love
mq2emusearch - Usefull thanks.
mq2moveutils - essential
mq2netbots
mq2eqbc - I use
mq2cast - I use
mq2eqbugfix
mq2chatwnd - of course
mq2bzsrch - not yet, but looking at to go with my neededspells.ini
mq2fps
mq2hud
mq2custombinds
mq2itemdisplay - handy
mq2labels - handy
17 Plugins displayed

Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:18 am
Senior Project Member
I'm just going to have to search through the moveutils source i supose, hopefully it will just be apparent.
Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:32 am
Project Lead
while you are in there, i noticed something else today.

I left the southern Everfrost LDoN on my tank to get a new DS and did the following

/target Magus
/moveto ID ${Target.ID}

My tank ran to the magus, I received the Arrived at locaiotn text, my tank kept right on running.

Happened 3 times
Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:05 pm
Senior Project Member
I have noticed that happening because of lag. It can be worse if you use frame rate limiters too.
Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:11 pm
Project Lead
I do not use any frame rate handlers except the built in SoD settings. Of Max and Min when focus or not focus.

In these cases, The screen did not have focus. I was browsing the web while it ran to the destination.
Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:24 pm
Senior Project Member
The macroquest clock is tied to frame rate rendering. Some plugins limit it even further, only execute every 50 pulses or something. Some limit based on the CPU clock which works better. Macros also only execute a certain number of lines per game frame. So if you notice background clients acting strange this can [I]possibly[\I] be the reason
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:04 pm
Project Lead
happened again today. again i camped out with /icamp so far this is the only commonality I can find.
Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:10 pm
Senior Project Member
The code for ${SpawnDataType.Standing}
More +
case Standing:
      Dest.DWord=pSpawn->StandState==STANDSTATE_STAND;
      Dest.Type=pBoolType;
      return true;

The standup routine in moveutils uses the same kind of logic. They are a diff datatype, one is charinfo, one is spawn, I think its inherited though.
More +
void StandUp() {
  if(GetCharInfo()->standstate == STANDSTATE_STAND) return;
  MQ2Globals::ExecuteCmd(FindMappableCommand("SIT_STAND"),1,0);
  MQ2Globals::ExecuteCmd(FindMappableCommand("SIT_STAND"),0,0);
}

Everytime a stick command or moveto command is posted, this function is called, its the only thing that executes sit/stand commands in the plugin. If your guy is actually standing, and tries to sit then it is getting past that conditional there somehow. The data that populates that is directly pulled from the client memory. So if the data is wrong it would be the fault of the client as far as I can tell.

There is another possibility. An animation error on the tank, or on the toon your watching the tank with. To explain how that is possible, if your tank was sitting and you spoofed an animation pack to the server saying to play the stand animation the server would get it and forward it to all other clients. The other clients would see it and the toon would stand up, and since his state didn't change I think he would instantly pop back into the sitting position without playing the sit animation. The look of sitting is seperate from the actual character state of sitting.

Does your toon play a full sitting animation, then a full standing animation or does he just pop down to the grown and then play the stand or visa-versa.
Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:09 pm
Project Lead
Today was very obviously a full sit then once i got hit a stand. it is definitely something to do with moveutils because when mq2melee issues the /stick command is when it is happening.

and i am definitely sitting because autoattack goes off too.
Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm
Senior Project Member
i had this issue today and i just used a /bca //stick off

and it fixed it for me anyhow
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:42 pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next Errors Sitting when using mq2moveutils PEQ SOD build