Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next General /bca //command question
I may be getting it mixed up with the mq2cast code but I believe the parameters are parsed in a big switch within a loop that goes through the entire parameter string. The switch just toggles some flags so it shouldn't really matter what order the parms go. If it doesn't work then just follow my children's lead and ignore everything I say =)
Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:44 pm
Project Lead
Okay so now I have a 2nd computer, a laptop, that I'd like to use as well. When I log in a toon or two on there how do I make it so that it accepts commands from toons on my desktop computer? Is there a way to connect them without having to use eqbc hud?

EDIT Nevermind I found the info on this.
Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:42 pm
Macro
More +
/bca //stick id ${Me.ID} uw

uw = look up and down while sticking for swimming underwater (uw) but it is useful to always use with LEV to get your toons to go lower when you do. I would basically always use uw. Personally I also prefer to use the "hold" paramter that way my guys stay sticking to ME even if they change targets.
Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:17 pm
Senior Project Member
This being my favorite thread and all, I figured I'd ask the question here.

Let's say I'm playing primarily on my SK and I want my enchanter's pet to attack my target, what command will do this? /pet attack only seems to work for my SK's pet, not for anyone else's pet in the group.
Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:11 pm
you have to broadcast the command to the other clients.
Macro
More +
/bca //pet attack

or
Macro
More +
/bct TOON //pet attack

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:29 pm
Senior Project Member
That was it, thanks!
Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:47 pm
I'm pretty new to MQ2emu. I have the Stormhaven Package and I'm currently not doing much more than sending my group information with /bct and /bca commands.

I'm really interested in making my life EASIER so I have a few hotkey commands for sending my characters "Buff" commands.
For example,
/bct CLERICNAME//casting "Embroidered Sash of the Icecaller" Pack6
/pause 30, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Ornate Mask of Fallen Dreams" Pack6
/pause 20, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Ali-Ani, the Eyes of Mayong" Pack6
/pause 30, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Armor of the Sacred" gem5
/pause 60, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Aura of Purpose" gem8 -maxtries|3 -maxtries|2 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc CLERICNAME].ID}

Now this works, I have several self buffing hotkeys for each of my toons. However, I would like to make my self buffing even MORE Efficient and not have to wait for each of the pause's to work before using the NEXT hotkey. (Yes, I'm THAT impatient). Plus, this is great if I just want to box 1 of my toons with MQ up and my scripted hot-keys are still there.
So, what I'm asking is... is it possible to have my main Toon tell each of my toons online to active a hotkey that triggers the commands like above?

Simplified Example,
/bct CLERICNAME Hit keystroke 7
/bct BEASTLORDNAME Hit keystroke 4
/bct RANGERNAME Hit keystroke 9

In theory, What that will do is tell the Cleric, Beastlord and Ranger screens to hit the HOTKEY Stroke 7 which is the self casting version of
/casting "Embroidered Sash of the Icecaller" Pack6
/casting "Ali-Ani, the Eyes of Mayong" Pack6
/casting...Etc

The End result would be each of my 3 toons will simultaneously start casting the spells each of the 5 Lines have in that Hotkey#7.

Now, I would love to use this possibly do more evolved tasks than just selfbuffing. Like, maybe telling each my toons to execute complicated commands during a boss fight if things started to turn sour. IE, Cleric uses 2.0 Shield, casts a group heal then casts Divine Barrier, the Beastlord changes tactics and does ability mana regen, changes target to closest mobe to cleric and starts attacking it, Ranger will do something like cast a spell or two, yadda yadda, attempt to not die... you get the point.
Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:04 pm
Put it is hotkey 7 on all toons.
Macro
More +
/bca //keypress 7

Put it in various hotkeys
Macro
More +
/bct CLERIC //keypress 7
/bct BEASTLORD //keypress 8
/bct RANGER //keypress 0

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 pm
Senior Project Member
Sweet Thanks Sorvani,

While I'm here and got your attention. How do I get my highend ranger to Autoattack with Bow only. I saw your post previously about /melee range=30 but this doesn't seem to help. Half the time he just stands there, the other half, he shoots his bow. He's a temperamental ranger I tell ya
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 am
If you issue the /killthis is command to your ranger once he has a target he should immediately begin to attack either melee or ranged based on the various MQ2Melee settInge.

Everyone keeps asking ranger questions. I am going to be forced to roll one up sooner or later.
Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:21 am
Senior Project Member
Here's what I did for my ranger...

/bct Ranger //target ID ${Target.ID}
/bct Ranger //autofire
Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:16 am
Sorvani, well the /presskey 7 works like a charm but after attempting create new hotkeys on addition pages, it wouldnt work. Lets say I wanted to hit hotkey bar 1, page6 space 1. How would I engage the //presskey shift 6 1 because that didnt work ingame?

For thay matter, what are the command-tricks to getting each of the 4 hotbar keys and pages to turn and engage the proper hotkey?

Ohh and thanks for that tip zatty, will try it out. Any other ranger tips/tricks/nifty command lines I should know about?
Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:13 am
keycomboMQ2 Wiki for /keypress

You have to go into the EQ options and set keyboard bindings. Only hotbar 1 has a setting by default.
Macro
More +
|default to change hotbar 1 is SHIFT + #
/keypress shift+6
|then press 1
/keypress 1

This is not the best way to handle things, you would be better off writing simple short macro's for each command you want to do and then issuing a command for the toon to just run the macro.

Macro
More +
| clericbuff.mac
Sub Main
    /casting "Embroidered Sash of the Icecaller" Pack6
    |change this to whatever the cast time is for the item.
    /delay 3s
    /casting "Ornate Mask of Fallen Dreams" Pack6
    /delay 3s
    /casting "Ali-Ani, the Eyes of Mayong" Pack6
    /delay 3s
    /casting "Armor of the Sacred" gem5
    |change this to whatever the cast time is for the spell.
    /delay 3s
    /casting "Aura of Purpose" gem8 -maxtries|3 -maxtries|2 -targetid|${Me.ID}
/return

Macro
More +
/bct CLERIC //mac clericbuff.mac

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:27 am
Senior Project Member
Thanks Sor, only problem is.. Writting hotkeys... Doable. Writting macros... No clue what im doing. Don't even know where to begin with that stuff.

Newb at this stuff...
Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 am
For a simple start you can make a new text file, copy the contents of the clericbuff.mac text box sorvani posted into the text file, save it as clericbuff.mac (make sure to change the save as file type to All Files if using save as from notepad), then copy or move the clericbuff.mac file to the "macros" folder in your mq2 folder. If you don't have a macros folder just make one (i.e. C:\Everquest\SoD\MQEmu_Stormhaven_SOD\Macros). To run the macro you just type /mac clericbuff on the character you want to run the macro (or use /bct CLERIC //mac clericbuff.mac to start it remotely).

The clericbuff macro sorvani posted is your hotkey put into macro form. You can modify as needed for your other characters just making sure to save it using a different name for each.

However, if you want to continue with your hotkeys instead of
/pause 30, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Ornate Mask of Fallen Dreams" Pack6
/pause 20, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Ali-Ani, the Eyes of Mayong" Pack6
/pause 30, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Armor of the Sacred" gem5
/pause 60, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Aura of Purpose" gem8 -maxtries|3 -maxtries|2 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc CLERICNAME].ID}
you could use
/delay 30, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Ornate Mask of Fallen Dreams" Pack6
/delay 50, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Ali-Ani, the Eyes of Mayong" Pack6
/delay 80, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Armor of the Sacred" gem5
/delay 140, /bct CLERICNAME //casting "Aura of Purpose" gem8 -maxtries|3 -maxtries|2 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc CLERICNAME].ID}
and it won't lock your client from the /pauses.
Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:11 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next General /bca //command question