Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next General /bca //command question
Some of us wouldn't even play if it weren't for MQ. =)

It definately adds a new dynamic to the game.
Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 pm
Project Lead
I have two questions on the /bca macro

/bca //target ID ${Target.ID}
/bca //killthis

1. How do you preclude your cleric and wizard/ranger from running into melee using this? It's nifty when boxing all melee classes, but I find myself calling the wizard back from the pile using /bct Caster1 //stick id ${Me.ID} and then use another macro for casting spells once aggro is set.

2. What /stick syntax is best to use to avoid ramp damage on your non-warrior toons?

What I have done so far is:

/bca //target ID ${Target.ID}
/bca //stick 5
/bca //killthis

If I do not include the //stick 5 they do this annoying strafe around and around the target and often dance themselves OOR.
Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:35 am
1. How do you preclude your cleric and wizard/ranger from running into melee using this? It's nifty when boxing all melee classes, but I find myself calling the wizard back from the pile using /bct Caster1 //stick id ${Me.ID} and then use another macro for casting spells once aggro is set.

First configure MQ2Melee appropriately.
Macro
More +
On your wizard
/melee melee=0
/melee save

On Ranger
/melee range=30 <-- tells ranger to use bow as long as mob is > 30 units away
/melee save

You can also join all of your toons to various EQBC channels and issue the commands to the channels appropriately. Note, your main toon does not need to (and should not) be in any of these channels. Channels are auto saved for each character so they will be reloaded next time you log in. If you want to add a channel, you hcave to type ALL of the channels at once. There is no way to add a single channel to the existing channels. Each time you use the /bccmd channels it will overwirte all existing channels

Macro
More +
/bccmd channels <channame1> <channame2> <etc>

example:
Macro
More +
On Melee:
/bccmd channels assist melee

On Non Melee who you want to still get the assist command but not always attack
/bccmd channels assist

Assist Hotkey:
/pause 3, /bct assist //target ID ${Target.ID} <-- everyone in the assist channel gets this
/bct melee //killthis <-- only those in the melee channel get this

2. What /stick syntax is best to use to avoid ramp damage on your non-warrior toons?

If you do not like MQ2Melee's default /stick parameters, change the stickmode in MQ2Melee.
MQ2MoveUtils: http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2MoveUtils
MQ2Melee: http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Melee
Macro
More +
/melee stickmode=1
/melee save

Then go edit your SERVER_CHARACTER.ini file in the MQ2 Directory.
ini
More +
[MQ2Melee]
stickcmd=80% !front

finally
Macro
More +
/melee load

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:11 am
Senior Project Member
Should there be code between channel1 and channel2?

when I use /bccmd channels assist melee

I get a return of

War1 has joined assistmelee

So.. using the assist and kill this lines in the hot key returns

melee no such name.
Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:46 pm
Use a comma if space separation does not work.
Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:53 pm
Senior Project Member
I'm kinda new to all this but I was wondering if someone could save me some time (and yes I have been looking but this is a bit overwhelming). How would we command a toon to use a certain item, be they equipped or just in an inventory (not bagged)?

Thanks for your time.
Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:45 pm
Macro
More +
/bct ToonName //casting "Name of Item" SlotName
/bct Sorvani //casting "Giant Red Drum" ammo

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:55 pm
Senior Project Member
Thanks! What would you call it if it's just an inventory slot? Inventory? Don't want to assume anything. :P
Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:23 pm
You can actually use either the inventory slot name or the slot number. I use names because I can mostly remember them.
For a list: http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/Slot_Names

More +
Equipment and Inventory Slots
0   charm
1   leftear
2   head
3   face
4   rightear
5   neck
6   shoulder
7   arms
8   back
9   leftwrist
10   rightwrist
11   ranged
12   hands
13   mainhand
14   offhand
15   leftfinger
16   rightfinger
17   chest
18   legs
19   feet
20   waist
21   powersource
22   ammo
23   pack1
24   pack2
25   pack3
26   pack4
27   pack5
28   pack6
29   pack7
30   pack8

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 pm
Senior Project Member
That's awesome, many thanks! BTW I had tried it with "inventory" and that worked.
Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:23 pm
that worked because it was an invalid slot and the item was already where it needed to be.

If you are using MQ2Cast (/casting) the Gem # or slot name piece is optional. If you do not supply that information it will attempt to cast the spell, first memorizing it in slot 5 if it is not currently memorized. For an item it will simply try to right click it where ever it currently is, without moving it.
Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:00 am
Senior Project Member
so if I have an item in a bag and do /bct Sorvani //casting "Giant Red Drum" ammo it will move the item to the ammo slot and try to cast it?. what if it just needs to be clicked from a Primary invintory slot?
Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:17 pm
1) it will also move it BACK to where it found it if you had something in the ammo slot already and put that item back.
2) use pack1 - pack8, wherever you want it to be clicked from.
Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:02 pm
Senior Project Member
Okay so i been playing with this a bit and it seems not to work the way you discribed.

ill do /bc cantarb //casting "manastone" pack8 and it picks up whatever item i have in slot 8 but never finds my manastone before giving me the msg "you don't seem to have that spell memorized"

Oh and then it begins to bug out my pack8 slot where nothing can be placed there lol. am try reloging becuase i loaded the mq2exchange plugin after loading game
Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:08 am
Okay so i decided to download a new copy of mq off the site kinda a fresh install deal and it works fine now guess i tamperd with the old one lil to much lol.
Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:23 am
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next General /bca //command question