Goto page 1, 2  Next General New Everquest Client, Underfoot
New Everquest Client, Underfoot
Steam has updated clients. Everyone should back up their SoD folders.
If you download EQ from steam at the moment you will get the 20080708 build. This is the build from last month. It is not actually SoD, it is underfoot without underfoot enabled. It looks like trev is gearing up to add this "new SoD" as a supported client.

I just got it downloaded this afternoon, and spent a few minutes finding the version date in it. I've got the basic source located and got a simple build done. I'm finished for the evening, but I'll get on it tomorrow. No rush... I don't think it works anywhere yet =)

When I do post it, it will be titled "Underfoot"
Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:03 pm
Project Lead
Ok, its posted. I'm in the middle of a bout of pneumonia, and literally did 0 testing on this. I got everything to compile, and just posted it. When you find bugs, as I'm sure there are probably a few, post em please.
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm
Project Lead
Crash to Desktop
I get past the char selection screen, then I get past the loading screen. It is when I would actually load into the world that I get the crash. Server doesn't appear to matter. I tried TGC, BOTA, and Last World all with the same outcome.
Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm
Not sure if this makes a difference...
The initial MQ screen that you can see during character selection says "Invalid login or password please try again."
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:14 pm
type /login jasmil <forum>

that will verify your acct here and activate all the plugins reserved for people who donate, work for the site, etc.

I'm looking at the crash now, will post in just a min, I didn't think the EQ client worked at all yet, with or without MQ.
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:56 pm
Project Lead
I couldn't get into stormhaven or PEQ using PEQ's "SOD" login server.

Trev and KLS look like they've been hitting this client hard for about a week now...

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31635

i'm a little unsure how you got to the character select screen. Can you post your eqhost.txt, and let me know which server you got the char select screen.
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 pm
Project Lead
The client runs like a top without MQ2.
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5999

I tried "/login jasmill" without the quotes and it didn't work. Although when I get home I'll try adding "<forum>" to the end.

I have played quite extensively using the SoD Underfoot client. I can load into at least TGC, BOTA, and Last World with no issues (I haven't tried any others). To be quite honest, the SoD Underfoot client feels more stable than the Titanium client when I am running multiple accounts.
Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 am
Hmm. I def tried peq, but from a different login. I'll try it from eqemu tonight.

It's
/login jasmil password

The forums did some screwey editing to what I typed. Alternatively you can edit mq2vmqnet.ini with your forum login/pw and it will autolog you silently
Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 pm
Project Lead
That didn't help. I made the change to mq2vmqnet.ini and the MQ2 window at the character screen said I was logged in as a gold memeber, but it still crashed to desktop as I was loading into the world.
Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:56 pm
In macroquest2.ini remove the section that lists plugins

Try to get in game

If u make it, load plugins 1 at a time till u crash then post which plugin
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:42 pm
Project Lead
OK, several cause a crash... That did the trick. I checked the plugins one by one and here are the culprits.

MQ2Melee
MQ2EmuMap
MQ2Targets
Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm
Thats a tell tale sign of something having changed in the spawn structure... i'll have to have a look at it soon. I'm trying to get some gates of discord changes done on the site
Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:43 pm
Project Lead
That's fine. It is very playable. Well, except for the no MQ2Warp. :)
Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:06 am
well... mq2warp will get ya banned in about 10 minutes, literally. =)

I finally got my client to load... I feel dumb but it was an issue with the way I was launching =P I was running the underfoot eqgame.exe, but was remotely launching it as if it were in the SoD directory... Anyway I should have some time to fix those errors tomorow night or this weekend.
Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Project Lead
Am I going to have to have the underfoot client or can I keep using SoD? I only play on free servers.
Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:03 am
Goto page 1, 2  Next General New Everquest Client, Underfoot