Goto page 1, 2  Next General mq2 and titles
mq2 and titles
k im having issues getting titles to show i use mq2 peq sod. trieds /shownames all and all that stuff
Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:52 pm
I've been thinking this one over for awhile and can't
think of what would cause this. I'll poke through the source tonight and hopefully it will be apparent what's causing it
Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 pm
Project Lead
thx alot :)
Tue May 04, 2010 3:18 pm
if it matters at all im using windows 7 64bit
Tue May 04, 2010 3:20 pm
I got on and hunted around for someone with a title and couldn't find one to test with. I really want to recreate this cause i'm having trouble even fathoming how this could happen.

I should have a test server up in a week or two (maybe even days). If I get it up soon I'll make a few toons with titles.
Tue May 04, 2010 5:02 pm
Project Lead
or just hit me up in game i have sum on all 6 toons but im donating another 100 to cavedude and hes making me a few titles just wanna be able to see em before i get them lol my toons name is Kevlarjockstrap
Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 am
Well I was in pok last night and I saw a ttz iksar warrior with a title. I gnabbed a sceenshot of it to post but I forgot to upload it last night. The only thing I can think is there is some wierd setting in the sod client.

Maybe you could load without mq, clear all the plugins out of the macroquest.ini file and start it with no plugins. Then turn them on 1 at a time to spot when titles disapear.
Wed May 05, 2010 8:16 am
Project Lead
ok im losing it when i use my main.dll files
Mon May 10, 2010 6:56 pm
This will be a tough cookie to crack. I got to get to the bottom of a netbots crash for someone, and finish some changes on a project that isn't announced yet. After that I'll give this another walk-through to see if I can spot the point of failure. I'm at a bit of a loss of even really where to start so... even more-so cause I dropped out of EQ back before titles were truly implemented, back when they were just last names. What makes it more problematic is that they were showing up for me. In the mean time if some other symptom or behavior makes itself apparent, or any other clues you come up with lemme know.
Mon May 10, 2010 8:06 pm
Project Lead
do me a favor, while you are in game, try typing "/shownames 1" "/shownames 2" etc. See if titles show up
Mon May 10, 2010 8:13 pm
Project Lead
ini
More +
[Captions]
Update=35
Player1=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player2=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player3=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
Player4=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
NPC=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length},\n(${NamingSpawn.Surname}),]}
Corpse=${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}'s corpse
Pet=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Master.Type.Equal[PC]},\n(${NamingSpawn.Master}),]}

fix
Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:42 am
the above code comes from macroquest.ini
Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:15 am
copying and pasting that worked for me. thanks
Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 am
Speaking of this is this syntax documented anywhere? Or is it left to the user to parse through each line to determine exactly what's going on?

I've been wanting to tweak these settings for a while, but have not had time to sit down and parse this all through to figure out exactly how it is working.
Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:40 pm
Senior Project Member
This likely will sound like a stupid question but exactly where do you paste that code in the ini? I'm extremely new to modern coding, does it fit in somewhere in middle, top, bottom, or replace the existing ini? I'm an old dog trying to learn some new tricks.
Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:31 am
Goto page 1, 2  Next General mq2 and titles