Goto page Previous  1, 2 General Looking for suggestions for Game Search
I got busy doing some repairs to the house yesterday and let myself forget about this. I did a JS random, grats ranger =)

PM me your shipping address, and if you'd like to donate the CD key to PEQ. If you donate I gotta open the case to get the key. I don't remove the CDs naturally.
Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:30 pm
Project Lead
Noticed on PEQ forums that you fixed a couple things, now that you're in the mood any chance you could take a look at my old post? ;p

thanks duder
Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:40 am
1) Proc Mod on items for example: http://mqemulator.net/item.php?id=28855 I think it has a 55 proc modifier off the top of my head, would be nice to show on the item page.

2) Tribute of item.

3) HP Regen doesnt seem to be showing eg http://mqemulator.net/item.php?id=8364

4) Resist Adjust on spells as well as under the NPC Spells Cast list (would be extremely useful!)

5) On spawn timers, would be really useful to add the variance as well. And perhaps if hours greater than 24 hrs, it could say days and hours rather than the amount of hours?

1. proc mod is added, it will show proc, then level, then proc mod.
2. didn't mess with tribute
3. this was a bug, i was looking for "hpregen" instead of just "regen" its fixed.
4. aside from playing a cleric for CH i never really got into casters. do you have an example of a spell that has a known resist adjust?
5. I added days, looked up how the variance worked in the emu code and did a mimic of it. I also truncated days, hours minutes seconds to d, h, m, s. It shows a range like ( 3d 9h - 4d 1h 10m ). I added this to the spawn location tab on the NPC page, and the zones spawn points tab.
Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:24 pm
Project Lead
Yeah resist adjust basically just makes it harder to resist AEs.

Example: One of Cazic Thules AEs from Time

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=3070&source=Live Resist Adjust is -350 and resist is magic. So it could say -350 Magic as the resist adjust

Here's CT from time as well: http://mqemulator.net/npc.php?id=223166

Thanks a lot man really appreciate it :)
Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:54 am
Something I've always wanted, although not exactly game search material, is bazaar/market tracking. Basically eqecon.com for emu. Or like the eveonline market interface. That would be awesome, and easily lends itself to a free/paid format.
Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm
That's a great idea but I don't think there would be enough data to sample. If it worked on use submission it could be tampered with for false inflation. If it was a plugin that collected data it would be harder to tamper but still possible. The cleanest way would be if peq tracked it and released it as a db to us to parse. I'll send a pm to cavedude, but I doubt it would happen.

Edit: pm sent. He stays bogged down so I'm not anticipating a quick response if one is received at all
Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm
Project Lead
I thought that the data collection would be the easiest part. Most of the needed information (for PEQ at least) is already available on the server magelo. The only place I think the magelo lacks is in not detailing how many of an item are for sale if they're stacked. Other than that I would think that an hourly capture of the bazaar magelo would provide all the data.

I know that eqecon data used to not be available for a few days after every client patch, so I'm guessing that they used to operate a character on each server they tracked to capture bazaar data via some mq2 or mq2-esque plugin.
Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:32 pm
The problem with that is what the data is used for. If I see a fungi tunic for 90k and want to know if that is a good price I look it up. If we use bazaar data to get prices that 90k tunic is figured in. Also if it goes in Monday and is still there Tuesday how do we know that guy isn't selling new ones everyday (a good price) or it's the same one evey day (a bad price). If someone puts a bottle of water up for 90k and it never sells it just sits there raising the average every day.

The only real accurate way, which is still exploitable is collecting data at point of sale. Which requires cavedude to intervene with custom code.
Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 pm
Project Lead
Ah, that's a level of trading data integrity above and beyond what I was thinking of. Back when I used eqecon and played on live I found the level of information offered by the 'goods currently for sale in bazaar snapshot' method to be perfectly useful for my needs. There would always be instances of outlier prices and items, but that was just something you learned to identify and deal with on that system.
Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:46 pm
Cavedude misunderstood and thought I meant in the magelo. Which turns out to be a good way to handle it. It would be server independant that way. Good news is there is already a table to track point of sale, it just needs to be enabled. I'll try to add it to the new magelo when it's released but it's already brimming with new features that are really slowing it down.
Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:52 am
Project Lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2 General Looking for suggestions for Game Search