Game Search Drop tables
Drop tables
I am a little fuzzy on how the drops tables work on this site. I see them in both a pie chart and table format. What I dont understand is what do they represent. The dune spiderlings in NRo shows 3 pie charts, all 3 have different items and %s showing. The top two have a '1X' at top and bottom shows all the defiant stuff that can drop.I have killed many dune spiderlings looking for spiderling silks, on the 2nd pie chart it shows them dropping 45% of time, but this was not happening. I believe I am missing a key piece of information about these charts and tables. Could someone explain to me what it all means.
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:10 pm
“Drop tables” shows the raw database information, “drop charts” displays the information in a more easily understood format.

Loot drops are really complicated. There are drop limits, minimum drop amounts, a whole table can have a multiplier or a single item in a table can have a multiplier, an item has odds of the table, and the whole table had a probability of dropping. If you look at all the values on the drop table page you can see how complicated it is. It’s too much for most people to intuitively understand.

There are multiple drop tables per NPC. For example a raid npc might have 1 table with 4 armor pieces, and it’ll always drop 2 of those. He then might have another table with a quest item that drops 100% of the time. Even further he might have a third table with 50 spells in it, and he always drops 1 of those. This guarantees 2 armor, 1 quest item, 1 spell per kill. If they were all on the same table you might get 4 pieces of armor instead. Each table/chart represents a separate set of items that can drop independently from all the other charts/tables.

The pie charts takes all that data and simulates what would happen real-world if you killed that creature over a long period of time.

The 1X means you’ll get 1 item from that table. Then the pie chart represents the odds that 1 item will be whatever. Sometimes the 1X might be a 2x or 3x. That just means 1, 2 or 3 items would drop from that table. Occasionally the 1X will instead be represented by a distribution bar chart. This is done when it’s not ALWAYS 1 item or 2, it’s when the number of drops can vary. So the bar chart displays the odds that a certain number of items will drop. So for example it might have 2 items at 50%, and 3 at 50%. That would just means it’s 50/50 as to whether you get 2 or 3 items. Then the pie chart would explain what the items would be.
Last edited by Maudigan on Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:12 pm
Project Lead
As far as the 45% there are multiple dune spiderlings in the database. Some of them have a much lower chance than 45%

https://mqemulator.net/npc.php?id=34047&view=dropcharts

That one has an 18% chance of dropping 1 stack of 4.

Here’s all of the dune spiderling mobs

https://mqemulator.net/fullsearch.php?iname=dune+spiderling&view=npc

There are 2 that drop at 45%, the rest are much lower. If you look at the two 45% ones they only spawn in 1 location. So there’s 2 spiderlings in all of NRo that drop at 45%. All the rest drop less frequently.

You might wonder why we don’t just combine all the dune spiderlings into 1 record. It’s because the drops would then be that much more confusing. How would we display that sometimes it 18%, and sometimes it’s 45%.
Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:19 pm
Project Lead
Game Search Drop tables