General MQ2 classic version
MQ2 classic version
Hello,

I'm just getting started on this whole boxing thing and wanted to test it out. I downloaded the MQ2 classic version for RoF2 and followed the instructions (started mq2, then the eqbc server, then EQ). However, there were never any indication that MQ was loaded in EQ. I could see the icon in the taskbar, but there wasn't much there in the way of options (links to forums and the .ini file).

Is anyone using the classic version and is it working for them, or is everyone on gold?

I'm playing on the THF server.

Thanks
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:32 am
If mq has injected in eq, there will be a mq message in the blue loading bar at the bottom of the screen replacing the generic eq messages.
There should also be a mq chat window on the character select screen saying mq has loaded

If your not seeing this, run both eqbc and mq as administrator
Would also make sure not installed in windows folders (program files etc) install in C:/EQEMU/MQ2/ for example

Aeryn
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:19 am
Usually a new chat window opens, although you can turn it off. If that’s the case I usually do some MQ commands to check if it’s loaded. Like /echo ${Me.Name} should say your name.

/target NPC
/face fast

Should target the closest NPC then make you look at them

If it appears it’s not loaded try Aeryn’s suggestions
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:17 pm
Project Lead
Oh, any popup messages? If you’re on the wrong version you’ll get an error message saying the date is wrong.
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:19 pm
Project Lead
General MQ2 classic version