Software Documentation Melody command
Melody command
In my bard's socials, which I created years go, I use the command /melody which works great. Unfortunately, I don't know what program that command comes from.

I use the Gold version of MQ2 and I pretty much have it whittled down to what I consider a "bare bones" list of active plugins:

[Plugins]
mq2autologin=mq2autologin
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2emuart=mq2emuart
mq2emuautomacro=mq2emuautomacro
mq2emulogin=mq2emulogin
mq2emumap=mq2emumap
mq2emumouseapi=mq2emumouseapi
mq2emuwindowtitles=mq2emuwindowtitles
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2map=mq2map
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2netbots=mq2netbots
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc

The only programs I can see that could have /melody in it is melee or cast, and I have looked in the docs and not found it. I also have looked in the MQ2 docs at the MQ2 site to see if it was perhaps built in to it but again, no mention of the word "melody". So where the heck does this come from?

And, while we are on this subject, what is the difference between /melody and /twist?
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:01 am
Not really sure actually, I’ve never used a bard before. I forget about them even existing honestly hehe. I would have assumed mq2melee or mq2cast as well. Might ask in discord... If it’s something missing from our build I can see about adding it.

I’ve at least heard of the /twist command existing. Never looked at where it’s from or how it works. Never heard of the /melody one though.
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 am
Project Lead
Heh, found it. Shout out to peppercats over at the MQ2 discord channel.

No wonder I could not find the command docs. I was looking in the wrong place. Its an EQ client (i.e. RoF2) command. Not MQ2 and not plugin. My search terms always included MQ2 so...yeah.

Twist is a command created by the MQ2Twist plugin, and is a more powerful version with more options.
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 am
Software Documentation Melody command