General open doors
open doors
I'm trying to figure out how to open a door, I can't come up with anything that works, the only links i can find on mq2's site will tell me if the door is open or closed, but that's not too helpful
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:28 pm
It kind of depends on which client you’re using.

This is ptarps code for older clients:

Macro
More +
/squelch /doortarget
/squelch /face door
/delay 2
/if (!${Switch.Open}) {
/keypress u hold
/delay 2
/keypress u
}

I haven’t used that personally. It will target the door, make you look directly at it, and then press ‘u’ to open it.

Some clients have the simpler and more effective:

Macro
More +
/doortarget
/click left door

That targets and then uses a special door click command that doesn’t require you to look at the door. If you have issues let me know.
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:59 am
Project Lead
Oh, you of course need to be reasonably close to the door to use it. It targets the closest door so it may give you problems if there are two doors very close together.
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:03 am
Project Lead
didn't work
that didn't work, I tried both, the first method gave me an error message that read "'door' mouse click is either invalid or should be done using notify" ptarp's solution gave the issue that it just turned to the lower right corner of the door, and didn't do anything. I'm running RoF2 and the mqemulator classic build.

What I'm trying to write is a macro that takes a lvl 1 bard and runs him to faydwer's newbie area to exp. The biggest issue I'm having is just getting him to open doors and the faydwer lifts.
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:05 pm
Did you get the updated compile? And did you target the door you are trying to open first?
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:04 pm
Alrighty, I backported /click left door from the current MQ to RoF2, Sorry it took so long, I had to find some offsets in eqgame that weren't already mapped out in RoF2, but it should be working in RoF2 now.

Can you download a new copy of RoF2 and give it a shot. You'd stand near a door and /doortarget, you'll get a message saying the name of the door you targeted. Then do /click left door

You shouldn't need to look at the door at all. Please let me know if there's any issues (i kind of rushed a little).
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:29 pm
Project Lead
I'm forgetting if its /click left door or /click door left. I think it's the former but if one doesnt work try the other too.
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:33 pm
Project Lead
thank you.
thank you, worked like a charm, I'm now porting around testing various doors. it's great my gf likely won't like that this roadblock to my mq scripting is removed.
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:27 pm
Would Love to have MQ2doors plugin in the builds ;-) - no more doors :D
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 pm
It really would make things easier but that’s been pretty firmly on the no-go list.
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:09 am
Project Lead
General open doors