Goto page 1, 2  Next Character Browser need help with new magelo
need help with new magelo
I'm rewriting the magelo tool, mostly from scratch, the old one was kinda ugly inside.

Anyway.. I'm avoiding using big giant graphics for the inventory and instead building it out of css and divs so that it can be easily customized to fit into peoples web pages. I've checked it out in firefox, IE, and on iPhone Safari. If anyone who reads this could please check it out and tell me if anything in particular looks broken or misaligned.
http://mqemulator.net/magelo/character.php?char=waefawef

Known stuff:
Not all stats display
The one existing profile has random gear in random slots
coins are missing atm, as well as class icon in the middle
The headers are offcenter in mozilla, this is due to mozilla adding div padding to the total width of the div, and IE includes it in the set width. Not mutch I can think to do about this.
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:53 pm
Project Lead
re
Heya airwalking longtime no see. Looks good to me.
PS LOL i can so see your monk looking like that!

Borm
Knotes
Seolblade
etc
etc
etc
Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:23 pm
Whats up man =). Yeah I really haven't been active since my toons got the boot. I haven't taken the time to make new ones; I'm still clinging to the idea that I may contribute enough to the project one day that reno may decide to make the ban not permanent.

Update for the magelo tool.
Added the coin boxes, and the display of coins.
Fixed the display of classes, and hopefully dieties though the test data doesnt show a diety I think its set wrong in the database for that toon.
Added the darker box that the class monogram goes in, in the middle of the gear area.
Added Titles.

Working notes:
Add guild name, guild rank under title
Add plat, gold, silver, copper icons right aligned in the coin windows
Add buttons in the bottom of inventory for factions,skills,aa's,bank
Consider a "report" window for showing cumulative stats, perhaps estimated character DPS? Lot of stuff goes into that may be good for a subsequent release.
Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 pm
Project Lead
FYI, anyone interested in this. Dont expect a release until it is equal or better than the old one. To bother releasing before that would pretty much be a waste of time. I start work next week, so I'm estimating a release in about 2 weeks.... but that has the potential to turn into 2 years =P It is after all a free time project, and im already working on a few free time projects.
Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 pm
Project Lead
It took for fuckin ever but I got the little animated gifs for the class emblems made. I've already implemented them to show up in the middle of the inventory window, but they aren't vertically centered properly yet
Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:02 pm
Project Lead
got base resists added on
Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:50 pm
Project Lead
Added the coin emblems
the test profile has a bunch of monk stuff added to it, but is still a magician, thanks TC for fixing that so far.
Made the stat display include stats from items
made the 8 inventory, "bag slots", display their contents.

Todo:
Add bank window
Add bag window - needs to be dynamic 2,4,6,8,10 slots.
Make bag window open when bag is clicked, maintain the display of bag stats when clicked.
Add a div in the top right of inventory showing additional stats, haste, ft, hp regen, dmg shield, etc.
need profile corrected to be a monk plz, and diety needs to be set to something like 201, i think its like a 1 or somethin.
Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 pm
Project Lead
correction, deity is set to 140 atm, needs to be 201+
Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 pm
Project Lead
Its now showing up as a monk... although I had to set it as a "druid" in the editor... raises some questions It was one off. Maybe you aren't "fearing the 0" like you should be. Check your class array.

gave the test toon a real name, last_name, and title, here is the new link
http://mqemulator.net/magelo/character.php?char=Booger
Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:13 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
Kickass Man!
Can't wait to see this on PEQ. =)
Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:13 am
Project Member (Retired)
Found a fix for the offcenter headers. The problem came because IE uses div widths as including padding. Firefox uses div widths as needing the padding addedin.

Meaning
width: 20px;
padding: 5px;

In IE that div would be 20px wide, in firefox it would be 30px. Hence the header being offcenter by 2 x the width of the padding in firefox.

The fix is using the max-width tag minus left and right padding. This is ignored by IE as its not a valid IE tag, but works with firefox. So max-width: 10 +leftpadding 5 + rightpadding 5 = our 20 width.
Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:58 am
Project Lead
I added some formatting to the layout of all the windows. I also started adding the bank window, but its time to watch the last season of battlestar with my wife =)

Anyhow, i got the button added for it, it needs some more formatting, and also added the window, with a button in it which is in the wrong place atm. Unless cave and other server bosses want the shared bank displayed I'm going to leave it off. So i planned on having the four columns of four slots, and then the plat, silver, gold, copper split into two columns. I might put them in once column and put the button next to them, will just see what looks better first.

Also, i need to find a better method of toggling all the windows on and off, a single function would be nice, i need to rethink it.
Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:59 pm
Project Lead
made a new display function to swap items, and to toggle bags on and off n' stuff.

More +
function display(type, id, prefix) {
  if (target = document.getElementById(prefix + id))
    if (type) target.style.display = (target.style.display == 'none') ? 'block' : 'none';
  else {
    for(var i=0; i < 100; i++) if (hideme = document.getElementById(prefix + i)) hideme .style.display = 'none';         
    target.style.display = 'block';
  }
}

I don't like having the '100' hardcoded, but I'm not too up to date on my savascript stuff. I supose I could pass that value or something... but anything I could think of seemed equally sloppy.

EDIT: if anyone cares... type is 1, or 0. Toggle, or not. In the case of a toggle it will turn on/off ONLY that div. A 0, will turn off ALL divs with the same prefix, then turn ON the one with the prefix & id.

So... in the case of items (slot1, slot2, slot3, etc...) If you wanted to turn on slot 1, you'd display(0, 1, 'slot'); and it would turn of ALL other slotXXX, then turn on slot1

to display bag5, and turn off all other bags, display(0, 5, 'bag');

to toggle bank window on/off, (bank is named bank0), you'd display(1, 0, 'bank');
Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:36 pm
Project Lead
Applied the "max-width" fix to the heights for inventory and bank. Didn't do it for items as height is dynamic, and space between divs is based on padding, not hard values.

Fixed some minor alignment problems with the centering of inventory, and bank headers.
Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:51 pm
Project Lead
alright... i halfway added bags. They aren't dynamic at the moment so always shows up as 10 slots. Reconfigured the way I looped through my arrays.

I'm thinking I need to rethink the way my arrays are setup. I'm repeating to much code, and it would be confusing to anyone else that wanted to update it.

I'm unclear what order bag items are entered into the slots, this is critical since the number of slots is dynamic. Until I can get a few data dumps from cave I need to leave the bags as all having 10 slots.

TODO:
upper right corner inventory div for additional armor stats
populate bank/bags with items
make item name a link to items page
fix spell link
after that it should be ready for a beta release
Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:47 pm
Project Lead
Goto page 1, 2  Next Character Browser need help with new magelo