General MQ2 Build for RoF2
MQ2 Build for RoF2
Maudigan,

If you are not already aware, there is a new client that is compatible with EQEmu. As of now, the RoF2 client is basically caught up to to the RoF client as far as EQEmu compatibility goes. There are still a couple of minor things that need to be done to completely catch it up (mostly some player profile stuff). I believe we will be able to get it as functional as any previous client, but it will take a bit more work to finalize everything.

I was curious if you plan to create a build for the new "RoF2" client (build date of May 10th 2013). It is the client that is currently available on Steam as the F2P download for EQ. It will be great to have a fully functional client that is legally attainable for all for free that is as functional (or more-so) than any previous client that is compatible with EQEmu. I know a lot of players will be more hesitant to make the client change if they don't have MQ2 easily available for a build.

Hopefully it would be minimal work to create this build as the old RoF client is only a few months older than the RoF2 client (Dec 2012 vs May 2013). If you don't have the time to invest in it, I completely understand (coming from a 2 year hiatus myself)!
Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:00 pm
Understood, I'll get it out as soon as I can, thanks for the heads up. I can get a basic build up relatively quickly. Most of the old plugins should compile fine, a few will require me figuring out the new offsets. I'll start downloading it now :)
Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:58 pm
Project Lead
There is a vanilla build posted, just the default plugins. I'll slowly add the others as I get them built.

Edit: OH! I didn't test it aside from executing it; I still don't have the client downloaded. If anyone tries it and it doesn't work, let me know.

Edit2: Still waiting on the download, but I went ahead and posted every plugin despite the odds of an error being pretty much 100%. We all know TIP is the best testing method....
Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:46 pm
Project Lead
General MQ2 Build for RoF2