Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next General RoF 2, or the new Steam client
Ya, that's how I have been handling it too. This plugin is kind of a 'must have' for me. I'll totally lose my mind if I have to manually log in all my character each time. Haha.. for the love of all things holy! Please!!
Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:19 pm
Try what i just posted for rof/rof2. All of the patterns were wrong, so it took awhile longer than I had anticipated. I haven't eaten yet, so I'm calling it a night. I went ahead and posted what I found. I'm about 50/50 as to wether or not it'll work :)

EDIT: you can just cut/paste mq2autologin.dll out of the new download
Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:30 pm
Project Lead
Back to crashing with the new auotologin.dll

No huge rush. Just when you get a chance.
Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:12 pm
Figures. I found the new patterns but I was rushing to get it done so I didn't check if the stack frames changed. Since its pointing to the right addresses now (presumably), you won't get the error popping up, but if the parameters are wrong it'll crash. I'll try and finish it up this weekend. I have some homework to do though--I'm learning to program!
Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:21 am
Project Lead
I have the same results. loading the plugin in game crashes.
Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:10 pm
Listen to This Guy
FYI, I haven't forgot, just haven't gotten to it yet,
Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:47 pm
Project Lead
Okay, I actually tested it this time, but It's not a plugin I use so I think it is working. The patterns were correct (which is miraculous since I didn't load test them) but I had overlooked an offset that was comingled with the code, and I also forgot to fix the search offset range.

update details:
http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=6451

cleaned up/consolidated the documentation
http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1129

SInce you guys are so familiar with this plugin would you mind skimming the documentation to make sure I understood it correctly.
Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:47 pm
Project Lead
in RE to the questions about the server number. There has been a huge concerted effort by the macroquest community to make available all the data structures in the EQ client. However, the focus of that effort, for reasons that should be obvious, has been on reversing the data used within the game itself and not the server select screen or other associated areas.

The framework ieatacid provided in this plugin works by hooking a function that receives a server id (numeric) and then logs into that server. There is, without a doubt, a structure in the eq client that has the server names and the server IDs. That structure, if identified, could be used to translate a server name into an ID. Locating it will be difficult, and possibly beyond my ability.

The most logical starting point would be searching the client for anything writing to the ini file for the "LastServerID" key, and then chasing the parameters back to their source, or using the "lcEGPattern" pattern I just added to the RoF2 source, which points to a function that receives a server ID, and then backing up an examining the source of the ID being passed to it. I'll look at it a little bit today, but I'm not terribly confident.
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:03 pm
Project Lead
Yeah, I barked up the wrong tree for way to many hours.

The problem with just connecting to the last server is that the "last server" is identified using its ID, which in the scenario of the server IDs changing isn't helpful. I looked for a bit and found the object that held that old ID, but what's really necessary is a list of all the IDs and associated server names. With that we could just set a name in the INI and translate.

I even browsed around the memory a bit, searching for server names, and found quite a few locations, but didn't see any nearby data that looked like IDs. I found where it writes the last server ID value to the INI but I get lost when chasing that back to its source; I'm too rusty. There are a lot of classes within classes within classes, and without reversing it all and having extensive landmarks set it's easy to get lost.

I'll revisit this, especially if anyone has any clever suggestions, but it probably won't be in the immediate future.
Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:33 pm
Project Lead
The plugin loads without crashing. However, when running the .bat to load the toons in I get

ERROR : String not found (5362)
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:31 pm
Better give some more details. Batch files can error out and not because of MQ2 or any plugin.
Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:11 am
Senior Project Member
Ditto. I wasn't even aware of the batch method.

Someone mentioned that error on EZ though

http://ezserveronline.com/forums/index.php?topic=4560.95;wap2

On the next page they said they did a clean client download and it worked after that.
Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:25 am
Project Lead
Earlier in that thread that guy mentioned it was a fresh install except for applying some kinda "fixes" to the eq client. That mean anything to you?
Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:30 am
Project Lead
It doesn't resonate with me at least. I don't alter the client in any way.

Grumble : here is the bat file

START "Becken" "C:\Users\RC New\Desktop\EZ2\Becken.lnk"
timeout /t 42

START "Serenade" "C:\Users\RC New\Desktop\EZ2\Serenade.lnk"
timeout /t 42

START "Axeu" "C:\Users\RC New\Desktop\EZ2\Axeu.lnk"
timeout /t 42

START "Rippa" "C:\Users\RC New\Desktop\EZ2\Rippa.lnk"
timeout /t -1

It just loads the clients one at a time from a desktop folder. The PWDs are in the MQ2Autologin.ini.

I'll do a fresh load of the entire ROF2 and see how that goes.
Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:10 pm
I did a fresh total install of ROF2, but still get the string error. A couple of things...

When I manually execute the client, no problem. When I use autologin I get the string error as a pop up on the character select screen. When I "OK" that pop up box and try to "Enter World" I get that string error pop up again, and cannot load the character at all.

I am obviously doing something wrong somewhere, but autologin is getting me all the way to character select so I have no idea why there is a string error from that point onward.

The same .bat file and same autologin.ini work fine on UF, this issue only occurs on ROF2.
Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:45 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next General RoF 2, or the new Steam client