General Running MQ2 with Innerspace
Running MQ2 with Innerspace
MQ2 works with my Underfoot client. It does not work if Underfoot is started from Innerspace.

I like Innerspace's ability to redirect files (so that multiple accounts can share the same EQ directory). Is there a way to do something similar with MQ2? Or is it possible to make MQ2 and IS work with each other?

I suppose the alternative is a separate install directory for each account.
Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:51 am
MQ2 works with my Underfoot client. It does not work if Underfoot is started from Innerspace.

Another user had success by not launching UF from within Innerspace.

I suppose the alternative is a separate install directory for each account.

There are other alternatives.

WinEQ2Lite predates Innerspace and written by the same author(s). It's still common today (and free).

You don't need one install directory for each account. You need one install directory for each "UI setting" you run at. Typically, there are two install directories: bots and not-bots. One directory uses full screen resolution for your main character while the other directory runs scaled down resolution and UI settings for bots.

You can also write a batch file that automates the swapping in/out of certain .ini files then launches EQ for each character. That's the same basic process Innerspace and WinEQ2Lite use.
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm
Senior Project Member
Thanks, I'll look into WinEQ2Lite.

Starting EQ outside of Innerspace without any additional software will cause each instance to use the same config files.

I want each instance to use its own config files, if possible. That way each bot can keep track of its account and screen position.

I've never used MQ2 before, and as long as a server permits it I would like to try it out. Maybe moving the windows and filling out the login info isn't too much to ask afterall.
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 pm
That way each bot can keep track of its account and screen position.

You might also want to take a look at MQ2EmuTiler and MQ2EmuCharacters.

MQ2EmuTiler lets you see multiple character screens at the same time. It's automatic and dynamic. Click on a "background" character to bring it to the foreground and control it - while making that screen larger.

MQ2EmuCharacters lets you keep track of multiple characters at the same time. You can't see their screens but you can see their stats and can control them. Health and mana bars. Hotkeys. Buffs. Etc.
Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:16 pm
Senior Project Member
ISBoxer with MQ2 in UF
I saw someone had a workaround in getting ISBoxer and MQ2 to work together in the UF client, so I've taken their workaround to the next level for those who may not have a 2nd hard drive.

Use the following link to create a virtual hard drive in Windows 7:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/5291/how-to-create-a-virtual-hard-drive-in-windows-7/

Put your MQ2 directory with all of your MQ2 files on that virtual drive.

Use the normal process of loading MQ2, then EQBC, then Innerspace, then IS Boxer Suite, and voila, they work perfectly!
Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:11 am
General Running MQ2 with Innerspace