General Installation Help
Installation Help
Hello!

I'm a long time eqemu player and eq player since Kunark Release! I've recently decided to try and dive into the world of mq2 after re-starting up on the Hidden Forest server, and am having serious issues getting it to work.

I run the Underfoot client, and have tried the following, to no avail:
UF/Classic build
UF/PEQ build
UF source and EQBC source before downloading builds
MQ2 Source from mq2 website and compiled using c++ compilers

With the builds simply nothing happens. I open the macroquest2.exe and the tray icon appears, and I open eqbc and the command prompt appears and endlessly states
"Waiting for connections on port: 2112..."
When I log in, however, no connections are made, and no mq2 chatbox is visible.

With the compiled source, I get an "Error in inject" when I try to open my THF client or when I try to reset injections using the tray icon. I have updated my .NET framework and my directx to no success.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, mostly just move and cast and positioning macros, as I only 4-5 box. (no raid boxing, at least, not until exploring and understanding mq2 :P)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:45 pm
Ok, so I don't know why this would work and what I was doing wouldn't, but it's working now!

My friend who also runs the UF/Classic build told me explicitly to run mq2 first, then eqbc, then client.

When I tried running eqbc, then mq2, then client, it started working fine! This is using UF/Classic build from your website.

Thanks so much, and hope this helps whoever else has this problem!
Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:17 pm
Well I can say that that's a new one :)

I haven't seen that particular error before, maybe someone else has and can offer some input. For now don't worry about eqbcserver, it doesn't automatically do anything you need to manually connect to it with a MQ command.

Do you run EQ in any kind of atypical way? From a protected system directory, or as an admin or anything like that?

If it were me I'd start with, of course turn it off and on again, by restarting my PC, putting the EQ folder and the MQ folder in the same directory, and then starting both as an admin (right click, run as administrator). Don't use any eq launching tools or anything like that. Use your "patchme" shortcut and admin mode, no other tools or anything that hooks the process like a debugger, cheat engine, or anything that could possibly interfere even if its a long shot.

Have you modified your EQ client in any way?

Played on p99? I don't keep up with what they do to thwart people from using MQ...
Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:28 pm
Project Lead
Like I said, starting eqbc first solved the problem, and also running straight from eqgame.exe instead of using the THF patcher seemed to help, though I did that before as well.

As far as p99, it's in a separate directory.
Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:30 pm
That's weird... I don't even have a theory as to why it would do that...
Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:30 pm
Project Lead
running straight from eqgame.exe instead of using the THF patcher seemed to help

Patchers don't play nice with MQ2. See below.

When I log in, however, no connections are made, and no mq2 chatbox is visible.

Lack of EQBC connections is normal when you first setup MQ2. You must first manually connect using the proper commands or by editing the ini file. After that, EQBC will remember the settings and attempt to reconnect automatically.

Lack of MQ2chatbox usually indicates MQ2 didn't properly hook into EQ. This is a common occurrence when using patchers.
Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 pm
Senior Project Member
Do you do the commands in game?

When I open MQ nothing happens, is a window supposed to appear when opening MacroQuest2.exe?
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 am
Which commands are you referring to?

If both EQ and MQ2 are running, then MQ2 should hook into EQ. MQ2 commands should be available. A new chat window titled 'MQ2' should appear. However, certain settings can disable, hide, rename or otherwise obfuscate the MQ2 window.
Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:42 pm
Senior Project Member
General Installation Help