General uhh...
uhh...
Howdy folks.
I am currently playing on THF server, and I was told I could easy run my 2 box setup using macroquest.
I have read some documentation, but being a total coding/technical instructions DUMMY... I am completely lost on what to do .

All I really want to be able to do is: run my 2nd char picture in picture style.. and once in a while be able to click on a hotkey on my tanker char that throws a heal or hot onto him from my clr char. Maybe a sit/stand hotkey as well from tank, so clr gets mana back ;) (Just simple stuff I imagine..)

( I have read pretty much every post in http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewforum.php?f=4, but I just don't get much of it... )

Is there an easy way to just do these to things, or should I go back to the 2 laptops version I play atm?

Thanks to anyone...

edit by grumble: Sorry. I meant to type a reply but edited this post instead. I think I recovered the original post correctly. If not, again, I'm sorry.
Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:20 pm
Can either of the two laptops handle two instances of EQ?
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:48 am
Project Lead
I put this together sometime back. It still applies, is easy to comprehend and gets you boxing pretty quick.

http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1054

For your cleric to heal your tank:

/bct CLERICNAME //casting SPELLID# gem4 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc TANKNAME].ID}

- This tells the cleric to cast a healing spell in gem slot #4 on your tank. Just pick your fav heal spell and mem it in slot 4.
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:38 pm
All I really want to be able to do is: run my 2nd char picture in picture style.. and once in a while be able to click on a hotkey on my tanker char that throws a heal or hot onto him from my clr char. Maybe a sit/stand hotkey as well from tank, so clr gets mana back ;) (Just simple stuff I imagine..)

The picture in picture part comes from MQ2EmuTiler. Watch the video for an example.

The hotkeys can be done via a couple methods:
1. EQBC/EQBCServer to send commands to your boxes character(s). The command Zatty posted is an example of an EQBC command.
2. MQ2EmuCharacters. Again, watch the video to see it in action.

Both of those options "work" with 1 or 2 or more computers, 1 or 2 or more monitors and 1 or 2 or more characters.
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:51 pm
Senior Project Member
Tiler, for picture in picture requires the characters be on the same PC.
Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:29 pm
Project Lead
General uhh...