General How to keep up short duration buffs on another target?
How to keep up short duration buffs on another target?
Take a shaman for example. I can easily make sure that Spirit of the panther stays on myself and on my pet using downshit's. However, how/can you do this for another target or group member, say your main tank for instance?

The same thing goes for something like burning aura for a mage. It lasts 3 minutes, which would be too tedious to always click a hotkey, but it would be real nice to be able to automate that.

If it makes it any easier, the 2 PC's I would most like to keep it on have a "static" name.
Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:50 am
Go read about mq2netbots
Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:47 am
Senior Project Member
When I was playing I ran pretty macro heavy, so I would have each character monitor their own buffs, and if they were missing one they would send a request to the buffer. That is one option, so for example, the tank, sees he doesn't have spirit of the wolf, so he sends an eqbc command to the shaman, something to the effect of

/bct shaman //cast "Spirit of the Wolf" -target|Warriorname

don't trust my syntax on this, It's probably wrong, check the references of MQ2EQBC and MQ2Cast

Then there is Sorvani's suggestion which is probably best. Netbots shares character data over EQBC and packages that data up into a variable for you to check. So from you're shaman you'll have something like

${NetBots[WarriorName].Buff[Spirit of the Wolf].ID}

again, that syntax is probably wrong.

You can also visually watch buffs using one of the plugins for gold members that's in beta right now. It's only on underfoot at the moment, but you're welcome to check it out if you have that client. I'll add a month to your account here in a couple minutes. EDIT: forgot to mention the name of it, mq2emucharacters. It looks like this:

you get one of those pods for every character. So each character sees every other characters info. It's like a graphic representation of netbots. MQ2Hud can do something similar too with less overhead, but in text form.
Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:47 pm
Project Lead
Thank you.

That netbots thing seems quite interesting.

I am thinking the more I do this that the more I need to move away from holyshets and game hotkeys and more toward "self sufficient" macros.

is there any good walkthrough on using netbots?
Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:05 pm
Other than the NetBots wiki page, I don't know of any walkthrough billed as a walkthrough. Macros dedicated to multi-boxing and botting are my walkthough. Learn by example: Modbot. Killian's e3. GenBot. AutoBot.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:30 pm
Senior Project Member
Thank you, I read a little about modbot from others, searching google. But it seemed like it was a paid-for program.

Are any of those programs you list free? I'm not exactly in a position to pay for games.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:15 pm
Modbot and Killian's e3 are free. Instructions for Modbot access somewhere on these forums. Killian's e3 is open source (google code - just search for it). I'm sure one can find copies of the others if one looks hard enough, though I haven't done so.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:53 pm
Senior Project Member
Thanks for that. Presuming I know nothing about these (modbot and killians) and I have neither yet, would you say it matters which one I choose to work with? I'm no programmer, so I suppose I would lean towards the easier to learn. My goal with the program would be to, primarily, employ a small raid force.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:06 pm
So i went looking for modbot, and while you say it's free, i dont seem to see it.

On the wiki for it, I get "You are not authorised to read this forum." when i click what appears to be the download link. This despite the fact that i did register on the forum. Even on google i would think it would show up readily, but i did not come across an obvious modbot download.

Any help? Thanks.
Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 am
Better Google fu.

Second result when i search for "eqemu modbot" was a link to page 19 of this thread.
http://www.eqtitan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=650&start=0
Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:43 pm
Senior Project Member
Link for ModBot access.

I've only looked at the code for ModBot and Killian's e3. I seem to remember e3 having more/better comments. The comments help you determine what a particular section of code does. That's helpful when learning via example.
Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 pm
Senior Project Member
thanks guys for the help... i did find the modbot on the eqtitan site. You just had to get access on a 1 by 1 basis.
Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:39 am
just wanted to check back in here for anyone who may have wanted the same, and perhaps came here via a search.

modbot is simply awesome for short duration buffs. in fact, it is great for buffs in general. it's not the easiest thing to figure out, but it seems to be well worth it if you like to tinker.
Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:05 pm
General How to keep up short duration buffs on another target?