General Request Manual so I can RTFM
Request Manual so I can RTFM
I request that you post the manual that comes with the version of Macroquest you use here.

I know the current version is available from the main web site but I would like to be able to use a manual that has a closer fit to the version of Macroquest I am actually using...that I've downloaded from here.

Thanks
Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:00 pm
That would be a pretty big undertaking, but I think it could be don't through attrition with a wiki--meaning seed the most accurate text and fix it as innaccuracies are found. I've considered a wiki in the past but I always dismissed it because it wouldn't integrate right out if the box. So you'd have two different logins, one for the forums and one for editing the wiki... Which seems sloppy, but it would probably be better to have one that's a tiny bit sloppy than to not have one at all.

Ill add it to my todo list. Hell, maybe when I get into it, it may not be that hard to integrate its login system with the existing one. Wanna moderate it? =)
Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:04 pm
Project Lead
well...
No I don't want to add to your work load.

I was hoping that somewhere the macroquest MQemulator is using had the manual from back when it was made. I know you've made alterations but the manual for the edition we are using, even if not always 100%, would probably be more accurate than the current manual.

Thanks
Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:05 am
The people who made macroquest2 didn't make a manual. The source code is the manual. Manuals have always been volunteer efforts by other users.

The officially unofficial manual linked on the MQ2 main site hasn't been updated since 2007.

The wiki's history (example for MQ2Melee plugin history) can help at times but honestly, the current version of the wiki is almost always correct. I use Titanium and the wiki is still my go to tool.
Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:32 am
Senior Project Member
General Request Manual so I can RTFM