Goto page 1, 2  Next General Can't get server to connect from other local computers
Can't get server to connect from other local computers
Well, a few weeks ago I just started up on THF and it's been a lot of fun. I've especially enjoyed getting a couple "bot" characters up and running to help me out.

Now the thing is, I am able to create a mq server and connect clients on a single computer, but I cannot get it to connect from another computer on my network. I've tried many, many combinations of every IP address I can think of. I even tried (successfully?) to port forward on my Linksys router. Also I disabled the avast firewall temporarily on the host computer. But the other computer cannot connect.

Is there any sequence or something I can try to figure out where I am going wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks.
Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:39 pm
open cmd and type ipconfig and check what your IPv4 Address is on the machine running eqbc server.
On the second machine /bccmd connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2112
In my case that would be /bccmd connect 192.168.100.1:2112

Or am I misunderstanding what the issue is?
Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:12 am
Listen to This Guy
I was trying that... I actually tried all 3 of the ip numbers that it listed there but no success.
Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:29 am
Well I guess it becomes a series of questions. I have no idea if you are on the ball or windows stupid so.. no offense:
(1) is the computer even turned on? If not get some jumper cables, the battery might have died from idling to long!
(2) are both/all machines in the same subnet mask?
(3) is the computer running the eqbc server using winblows firewall or some 3rd party shit that also sucks?
(3a) if using winblows built in firewall add a exception to the eqbc server.
(4) are you using some 3rd party piece of shit router/modem/coffee maker provided by your ISP or something that doesn't suck down more banana's then a monkey?
(4a) most of the shit the ISP's push couldnt find its way out of a paper bag if you gave it AI and legs, might need to port forward your router but honestly I have never had to.
(5) I'm tired, this is suppose to be humorous. If you had to think about the jumper cables you should stop touching computers.
Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:40 am
Listen to This Guy
Can you even ping your host computer from the other computer?
Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:01 pm
Senior Project Member
In the MQ2 folder on the second machine --> open the file MQ2Eqbc.ini

Change the IP (Server= X) to the IP of your FIRST computer.

Macro
More +
[Last Connect]
Server=192.168.0.5
Port=2112
[Settings]
AutoConnect=1
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:13 pm
Listen to This Guy
If you have any decent security suite, you will also need to configure the firewall/security on ALL machines to handle the EQBC communication. PINGing every machine from every machine is a good start but that only takes care of a single port/protocol combination. EQBC and EQBCServer uses different ports and protocols.

You also need to ensure the computer running EQBCServer is using a static IP address rather than a dynamic one.
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:04 pm
Senior Project Member
Networking stuff is firmy in the realm of its magic for me, so this may be a ridiculous idea.

Does EQBC just use the default port 2112 for a handoff and actually communicate with each client on a port in the ephemeral range, and would a firewall or security suite ever have a reason to block ports in that range? I've never watched the EQBC traffic; I've never had any problems with it.

Edit: that's probably a long shot and not worth looking into
Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:51 pm
Project Lead
On a new install (win7)pc, it does trigger a firewall block for mq2 and also wineq. You will need to exception these programs.
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:01 am
Listen to This Guy
well I could not get it to work, but I tried to host on another computer and bingo! It worked and I am able to connect to it from this one.

However, now my problem is that I get disconnected infrequently and it doesn't seem to reconnect. I made a hotkey to /bccmd reconnect for now, but I imagine there is a better way?
Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:56 pm
in the MQ2EQBC.ini maybe add some lines to the config?

Macro
More +

[Settings]
AutoConnect=1
AutoReconnect=1
ReconnectRetrySeconds=15
Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:48 pm
Listen to This Guy
mine has...

Macro
More +
[Settings]
AutoConnect=1
AutoReconnect=1
ReconnectRetrySeconds=2

but it will not reconnect even still. played again yesterday with those settings and i had to click my little hot key and alt tab to each one.
Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:16 pm
I've never messed with the holyshit/downshit settings in mq2meele so I can't give an exact but I bet they could be jerry-rigged to fire a reconnect using the eqbc TLO.
Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:55 pm
Project Lead
I use an mq2event for that.
Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 am
Senior Project Member
I use an mq2event for that.

can you please expound on that?

i am still having this problem... Although i can use my hotkeys it is a bit cumbersome and i am sure it would be dicey at the wrong time.[/quote]
Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:03 pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next General Can't get server to connect from other local computers