General Unselected EQ window = stuttering low FPS
Unselected EQ window = stuttering low FPS
Absolute noobie to this stuff, but I am playing on Kildrukaun's Prophecy Emu server and downloaded the MQ2 Underfoot Client / Classic. (Also using the UF Steam download client).

I have this strange situation where if I target another window (like this browser), my EQ client window goes crazy and jittery and appears to drop the framerate to next to nothing. Anytime I target the EQ window again, all resumes back to normal. No Macros, nothing running. Just a running EQBC and MQ2.

If I do not have MQ2 running and fire up EQ, I do NOT have this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:55 am
The UF client has a rendering limiter built in when a windows is not active.
MQ2 has the MQ2FPS plugin to do the same thing, just better.

Are you certain it is just no longer rendering not dropping FPS? those are two very different things.
Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:09 am
Senior Project Member
Someone on another forum helped me out.

/render bg 1

This did the trick!
Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:14 am
That is the MQ2FPS plugin as I said.
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:54 am
Senior Project Member
Yea. I have simply struggled to find any sort of FAQ for complete beginners on this stuff. I've zero experience with MQ2 and haven't found much documentation on it at all aside from a couple basic stickies on this forum.

Thanks for the reply though!
Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:14 am
UF setting with MQ2fps?
Wondering what to do with my MQ2fps settings when I have UF client. Should I just set the UF client the same or give it max fg and bg so MQ2fps can do its thing and UF can ignore it.

I notice there is no longer a link to MQ2fps on the index page. Has this plugin lost favor or just letting folks look it up in the wiki?

Thanks
Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:22 pm
From what I read from others is if they are not sure what to set them too, set them all to the same numbers. I think I seen 50fore and 5-10background
Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:58 pm
Listen to This Guy
I don't know that we ever had a mq2fps post in the software and documentation forum. There are a few that just never got created... I have to admit your frequently better off using the wiki unless its one of the MQ2EmuXXXX plugins. The threads here for standard plugins are usually just cut n paste from the wiki... So it's just the same thing with less formatting. I should probably just redirect the links in the index to the wiki.
Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 pm
Project Lead
General Unselected EQ window = stuttering low FPS