Goto page Previous  1, 2 General Quick question...
The term "macro" can sometimes be overused. It cam mean a one liner EQ social/hotkey or an uber complex MQ2 macro. In both of your examples, you want to issue a single command rather than a MQ2 macro. You can, and should, continue running the current macro and just issue a command.

Say I wanted to set a macro to run when a pet buff expired. I can set an audio trigger of course to alert me that I need to manually do it, but if I wanted to make a macro run off of the event, can this be done?

This can be done via a chat trigger but there are better ways. Rather than look for a chat message for a buff fading, look at your pet to see if a buff is present or not.

/if (!${Me.PetBuff[nameofbuff]) {
/bct nameofbuffer //casting "nameofbuff" gem# -targetid|${Me.Pet.ID}
}

Or, make a MQ2Melee downflag/downshit:

downflag0=true
downshit0=/if (${Me.Pet.ID}>0 && ${Me.PetBuff[Burnout III]}==NULL && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Casting.ID} && !${Stick.Active}) /casting "Burnout III|6" -maxtries|5

Or, say.. I have a charmed pet. And the pet breaks charm. And on the break of that charm, I want the magician to coth me immediately or I am dead. (I am not as fast as I used to be :-) Just trying to come up with some ideas to give you an example, I am sure I will come up with more ways to use this if it proves possible.

You can use macro events for this.

You can also use the MQ2Events plugin. The documentation is a little rough, but MQ2Events was written to look at chat for specific phrases then trigger the associated command.

Simple example: (you can trigger via - "/say You hear the pounding of hooves.")
ini
More +
[Stampede]
trigger=You hear the pounding of hooves.
command=/multiline ; /bc Piggy!; /timed 1 /bc PiggyPiggy!!; /timed 2 /bc Stampede!!!; /timed 3 /bc Piggy Stampede!!!; /popup Piggy!!!; /timed 2 /popup Sampede!; /timed 4 /popup PiggyPiggy!!!; /timed 6 /popup Piggy Stampede!!!

The CotH example won't be that long:
ini
More +
[CotHMe]
trigger=enter the trigger phrase here
command=/bct nameofmage //casting "Call of the Hero" gem# -targetid|${Me.ID} -maxtries|4

Create a file called MQ2Events_YourCharacterName.ini and place it in the MQ2 folder. The same folder as MacroQuest2.exe. Open that file and paste/type the above snippit.

But what I am looking for is to be able to run a bot group and have the bots be able to make decisions to do things pretty autonomously. At the moment, I have a s#it load of different macros that I launch from my main tank. I have my cleric running afcleric macro. Then depending on the situation, I can run pets, casters and melee toons all from my tank. But I would like to be able to make them all a little more intelligent. Typically I am running 12 characters, and keeping track of them the more difficult the content gets is getting more difficult, lol. So I am just trying to see what else I can do with MQ2.

It might be time to graduate to macro system dedicated to and focused on botting. Look at ModBot or Killian's e3 or GenBot (and probably others).
Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:19 pm
Senior Project Member
Wow guys...
This is great. You really run a helpful site here. Thank you.
I will devour this info, I am sure it will help a lot with my vision of each toon running a dedicated macro.

grumble: there may be better systems out there, but I really enjoy writing this stuff myself. Just takes a bit of work. I have come a long ways from when I started and its good to code again. Many many moons ago I worked on AT BIOS for a major computer manufacturer. That was my biggest claim to coding fame, but I also wrote a bbs software some 25 years ago. All dos stuff. Amazing what you can forget to do in 25 years, lol!

Anyway, cheers gentlemen!
R
Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:08 pm
A bot system for all 16 classes is more than a little work. There is a reason there are only a few out there.
Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:50 pm
Senior Project Member
Goto page Previous  1, 2 General Quick question...