General Problems with MQ2Melee Save
Problems with MQ2Melee Save
.INI files are only created for some of my characters when I do a /melee save. I am not sure what the problem is but the values I entered on the command line seem to be saved from session to session but I would like to have an .INI file to edit. I have tried loading and unloading the plugin but I get the same result. A .INI file is not created with a save command for certain characters. I am using the Titanium Gold build.

Thanks,

Silmiril
Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:04 am
Did you turn on the plugin for all characters?

/plugin MQ2Melee
/bcaa //melee on
/bcaa //melee save

I am not sure what the problem is but the values I entered on the command line seem to be saved from session to session but I would like to have an .INI file to edit.

Are you looking in the right spot? If you once used a non-gold version then switched to the gold version, the gold version won't save to the same location as the non-gold version.

The last thing I know to look for is if you use Win Vista/7/8 and place the MQ2 folder in a windows protected location like the Program Files folder. The place you installed to may not be the place windows saves to. Move the MQ2 folder outside of a windows protected location.
Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:46 pm
Senior Project Member
- grumble
The last thing I know to look for is if you use Win Vista/7/8 and place the MQ2 folder in a windows protected location like the Program Files folder. The place you installed to may not be the place windows saves to. Move the MQ2 folder outside of a windows protected location.
This, so hard this.. You are playing a game that existed BEFORE Windows XP was even a twinkle in Microsoft's eye. Do not expect it to play nice with modern OS security features. Move all your EQ related folders to C:\eq\<insert name here>\
Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:39 pm
Senior Project Member
i just wanted to say that last post by sorvani is definitely a good one.

a couple days ago i went from xinXP to windows 8. its a whole new deal here, very unfamiliar. i was having issues saving anything, and it was weird and bugging me. i searched the site and came across this post. it seems to be what i needed as far as letting MQ create and edit files.

thanks.
Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:26 am
General Problems with MQ2Melee Save