General Looking for a plugin
Looking for a plugin
I know this can be done with a mac but I would much prefer it be done with a plugin. I don't know if there is a plugin like this already out there and unfortunately I don't know the first thing about writing plugins. What I am looking for is a universal buff plugin maintained with an ini file. Basically the plugin would look to see what class you are and according to class check to see if you have specific buffs listed in the ini file. Got a custom buff? You can add it to the ini under that class and it will check for it. If it sees that you are missing any particular buffs then it will look in another part of the ini for a list of commands to execute if you don't have that buff, (ex: /cast "uber buff name here" or /bct soandso //cast "uber buff name here" or /itemnotify 13 rightmouseup etc.). There should also be a tag to ignore checking for buffs or particular buffs if you are moving or are in combat. Preferably per buff. Also preferably the command executed can be more than one line if need be. If possible also there could be a check to see if you are in combat and look for other buffs, like champion. If not then execute a command in the ini file that is customizable.

Like I said, I know I can do all this with a mac or even with my include file to run everytime I have a mac running but I would much rather it be in a plugin and was hoping that maybe I missed an existing plugin.
Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:34 pm
I've never seen one simply because it gets too complicated too quickly for a simple plugin to handle.
Would be easy to have one that only handles yourself but as soon as you have to start adding others it gets a lot more complicated logically.

It could still be done fairly easily, but you run into issues of customization.
Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 pm
Senior Project Member
The pull vs push paradigm is especially tricky. An enchanter looking for players to hit with VoQ is different (easier, more accurate) than players looking for an enchanter to beg VoQ from. Rebuffing after a raid wipe or AE dispell would be a nightmare if the lone enchanter receives multiple buff beg requests from every player.

MQ2Melee is a pseudo solution if you want to configure it. It can handle self buffs, self clickys and can even send buff beg requests via /bct. Even boxing 6, the buff beg requests lead to some awkward moments and clear inefficiencies - 6 single Virtues vs 1 HoV. I don't recommend it nor would I recommend any pull based buffing macro/plugin.
Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:52 am
Senior Project Member
That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the foresight into that. Now with mq2melee I have noticed it forces stick though I was able to work around that another thing it does is forces you to keep melee attack on if your target is still there. Turning attack off only gets it turned back on immediately. Because of that I have always favored mq2skills. Is there a way to use mq2melee for the self buff handling but disable the melee aspect of it?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 pm
I haven't noticed that issue with MQ2Melee. Rather, it's become second nature to me to work around that issue. If you clear your target, attack simply turns off. If you target a new target, not only does attack turn off but it gives a nice little message in the MQ window: "MQ2Melee::TARGET SWITCH taking actions"

You can disable MQ2Melee using stick by setting Stickrange=0.

You can prevent MQ2Melee from turning attack on via the Melee=Off setting. Likewise for any combat ability: Kick=Off. It's possible to run MQ2Melee solely for the downflag/holyflag stuff.
Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:31 pm
Senior Project Member
Excellent. Might have to delve into it and see what all I can get it to do. Before now when I have attempted anything with mq2melee I have just thought well screw mq2melee I will just use mq2skills. I had no need to use it. With buff part though I now have a reason to figure it out. It is good to know you can turn the melee stuff off.
Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:13 pm
General Looking for a plugin