General Best way to prompt a Sub all bot's at once?
Best way to prompt a Sub all bot's at once?
Im trying to setup a max burn Hotkey that will go across 12 bots and activate a Sub that a made (Clicks dps clicks and puts it in a Loop until Target id is dead), I currently set it #chat group and have both grp leaders /gsay to prompt the sub that i want, This works decent, but most of the time only 7-8 of get the trigger when /doevents hits, not exactly sure why.

/bca /call MaxBurn (Would this work? iv been hesitant to use this because it seems to bug out macros and crash clients)

I know theres alot of functions on MQ2 that i dont understand or know about.
Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:22 am
If the time between an event trigger (/gsay MAX BURN NOW!) and the /doevents command is too large, the event won't fire. I don't know what that limit is, but it's probably several seconds. The solution is to make the macro run faster or put in more /doevents throughout the main loop and subs.

There is a chance /gsay commands are not being sent to all clients. /gsay is part of the EQ chat system, which, as I understand it, isn't 100% reliable. Moving to EQBC commands should help.

/bca //call MaxBurn will throw all kinds of MQ2 errors (flow ran into another subroutine or something similar). You can't call subs directly like that.

Clients can listen for "/bc MAX BURN NOW!" just as easily as "/gsay MAX BURN NOW!"
#event MaxBurn "[MQ2] MAX BURN NOW!"
Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:17 am
Senior Project Member
That works wonders thanks,

(Btw, for anyone else Reading it was /bca //echo MAX BURN NOW! to trigger it)
Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 pm
Using that was silly, you are sending a message telling all to he toons to locally echo a phrase when you could simply /bc the phrase as grumble said. Hi syntax might be off as I am not able to check myself, right this moment, but the basic event catch is correct.
Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:46 pm
Senior Project Member
General Best way to prompt a Sub all bot's at once?