General Why do you use the database?
Why do you use the database?
This is directed to everyone, not just PEQ players. Why, and how do you use the game database?

Are there certain queries you use? Like... Querying locked doors, traps, or some other thing not available on the site.

Is there a feature another EQ site you use because it runs smoother, is more accurate, displays information more logically, or just flat out has a feature that we don't have. (like allakhazam having detailed info on quests)

Any other suggestions. Anything... For example someone once asked that the JavaScript links in the menu be turned into regular links so they could right click and open in a new window.

Over the next year or so the game database portions of the site will be getting a 3.0 upgrade and I want your ideas and your complaints.
Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 pm
Project Lead
I like the item popups on Allakhazam. Anytime they have an item link, a simple mouseover will show the item stats.
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 am
Senior Project Member
I haven't used the Advanced Item Search much. The reason: It's sometimes hard to filter out items which aren't (yet) on PEQ.

Example of a typical item search.

I've set the required and recommended levels to be 65 or under to filter out most false positives but some still slip through.

Armsmaster's Bracer and Bracer of Bleak Omens aren't available until Omens of War. Underplate Bracer isn't available until Depths of Darkhallow.

Wristband of Chaotic Warfare drops from Txevu (since the zone is unimplemented, loot tables might not be finished). Xxeric's Battleworn Bracer drops from Tacvi (also unimplemented, but the loot table is finished).

A couple LDoN raid items are also on the list. Those raids are currently unimplemented.
Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 am
Senior Project Member
i am a pretty basic searcher.

when i am after item X, i enter the name, and see where it drops and off i go. it would be nice to see the zone as a column in the results on the item search and the mobs grouped by the zone.
http://mqemulator.net/item.php?id=29132
Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 pm
Senior Project Member
Actually had no idea you had this feature until I saw your post regarding it.
Never clicked on the "Game Search" link up top, I normally just open PEQ Editor or Navi and search the DB myself.

I like your setup but not sure I would ever really use it. Good tool to know about however, I'll have to tell my friends about it when they ask me questions and I am busy.
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:51 pm
Listen to This Guy
I second the request for zone name to appear along with the mob name and drop chance.
Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:20 am
Senior Project Member
I'd like to see a couple of features to help with augment related searches.

1. There doesn't seem to be a method to search augments/armor/weapons by augment slot type.

2. Augments which can be placed into multiple augment slot types display a non-intuitive number. The Adventurer's Stone is shown as type 4091. I know it's a bitmask but that doesn't always make the mental math easier.
Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:48 am
Senior Project Member
General Why do you use the database?