General newbe with a sof mq2 qestion
newbe with a sof mq2 qestion
I am having a problem with my chars not follow me i am using /bca //stick id ${ME.ID} and as soon as i start to run they start runing off in diferent dirictions and runing in circles and not auto following me i am runing (sof) everquest and mq2 any help would be much aperaited
Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:37 pm
We need more info.

What plugins are you using?
What macro(s) are you running at the time?
Do you use WinEQ2?
Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 pm
Senior Project Member
the plugin i am using are just the ones that came with mqemu_peq_sof vesion i took from your download section and i am not run any macro's unless /melody 1 2 3 4 for my bard does anything and i do not use wineq2. I am just new to using this
Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:52 pm
I get this during high lag times (or really laggy zone .. trees did me in) or when running many toons on the same box or when attempting to run several toons on my laptop rather than my PC. In short, in my case... it was video lag.

Upgrading ram (6 GB) and installing a middle of the road (I think $129) video card solved the problem for me.
Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:41 pm
the plugin i am using are just the ones that came with mqemu_peq_sof vesion i took from your download section and i am not run any macro's unless /melody 1 2 3 4 for my bard does anything and i do not use wineq2. I am just new to using this

Unfortunately, I don't have any magic pixie dust. I thought maybe a plug in or macro was changing your targets (since you aren't using the hold option). This would cause them to stick to their new target, which might not be the character you want them to stick to. Just in case...

Try:
/bca //stick id ${Me.ID} hold
Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:50 am
Senior Project Member
Yea, as stated before there is a very good chance this is performance related. Your foreground system will have priority so it may look like it's running fine, but the background characters may still be having trouble.

Try this, when a character is behaving badly, swap to his window. If his pathing and accuracy seems to improve when you swap to his window(not necessarily guaranteed) then it is most likely a performance issue.

People have had some success with different clients, by running fewer characters, or moving some characters to different PCs...
Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:43 am
Project Lead
This issue was the subject of one of the funniest lines I have ever read here...

Another MQ2 user reported this issue by saying...

I click follow and some of my toons run off to be heroes elsewhere.

I still laugh at that.
Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 pm
Is MQ2FPS or MQ2Clipper in the SoF build? Do you use them? If so, try unloading them. Does SoF have the background client FPS slider? If so, try sliding it to a higher background FPS on your boxed characters.
Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:26 pm
Senior Project Member
i used to only have SoF. when using /stick i had this same behavior. i tried reducing number of toons, same results. i put SoD on the same computer, alot more toons, and /stick works perfectly.

given the fact this sounds exactly like what happend to me on sof, and what happened after i went to sod, seems like it is actually not a performance issue. maybe an issue with the sof mq client, or plugins or missing some plugins.

i never took the time to worry about it after i went to sod.
Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 pm
General newbe with a sof mq2 qestion