Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2Cast
Fresh mq.. well, I did copy all the latest files from mq into my mq directory. Did I re-do all my ini files and macros.. no sir.
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 pm
Looking through my notes on my ROF MQ2 folder I see that I could use /casting for spells but not for items and had to change everything to /useitem or /itemnotify.
Don't remember much about it because it was awhile ago and I no longer play but I probably spent 50 or 60 hours fucking with it before I gave up and changed my macros.
Yes ROF(2) is a piece of shit in that regard.

As for crashing, can't recall having an issue with that and the plugin but it's possible.
My 2cents, it's worth changing the macros. Of course I spent so much time building my macro I still know exactly what it does and where everything in it is even though I have not played in over a year.
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 pm
Listen to This Guy
Alright, I belive it's working now. Honestly, I didn't really immediately see what was wrong with it before but I swapped it to using /useitem and it seems to function now. Went ahead and merged in a bunch of other contemporary changes... it was a lot of changesso it's hard to say it's 100% good. Let me know if you have issues.
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:22 pm
Project Lead
Hey Maudigan, I just started using the ROF2 gold compile on an emu, and I've noticed that /casting works with items, but if they are must equip, it's failing to auto swap them like it does in UF compile, possible side effect of using /useitem?
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm
Very likely, I’ll take a look at it this weekend. I had to do some custom code on mq2emuinventory, for /clickitem, to get items to swap correctly, particularly items inside bags. Can’t recall exactly what the issue was, just that it was a PITA. I’m pretty sure that command works okay. If that’s the source of the problem I may be able to cannibalize that code to use it. Maybe I could move that command out to a public plug-in since it’s only kinda related to mq2emuinventory.

It’s been awhile since I messed with it. How does it normally behave, like on UF? Does it equip the item and click it, regardless of if it needs to be equipped? Have you tried it with your bags open?

I’ll play with /clickitem, /useitem, and /itemnotify to see what works best.
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:45 pm
Project Lead
Oh, can you post the exact command you’re using if you get a chance
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 pm
Project Lead
I'm doing it through a downshit in mq2melee but manually trying to /casting "itemname" or /casting "itemname" |slot both give message it needs to be equipped
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:51 pm
Thanks, I’ll get on it either Friday or Saturday
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 am
Project Lead
Thanks!
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am
Looks like it was intentionally removed in v9.11 for some reason, they weren't super clear on why. I stopped bothering updating the UF code awhile back since it's not very popular anymore so it just missed that update. The change says to use mq2exchange in your commands.

I was having difficulty even playing with it, everything I have can now be cast from bags. Haven't noticed that before, is that a new RoF2 thing or is that some Emu business?

Reintegrating that code is probably doeable (unless there some was technical reason they removed it) but it's a bit more involved and has to be redone every time we pull down new code. Is it possible your command can be modified with mq2bandolier or mq2exchange?

EDIT: Hmm, that's a little concerning, had an item vanish when I was playing with it
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:20 pm
Project Lead
" had an item vanish when I was playing with it "

seems like that was a known issue with UF. I know Bandoleer swapping could end in a lost item back in the day.
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:00 pm
I could adjust the holyshit to do a multiline command to swap then cast, especially if the other way is losing items. I've also suggested that the server just set things they want to be set to can equip to click, that' give them the equip restriction without actually having to swap it on. Thanks for checking Maudigan.
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:05 am
Over at THF, the -kill and -recast options are not working for an item. The name is Stone of Absolute Antithesis, item 122972. Its an instant cast clicky (no casting window). I tested against an item that does have a cast time and the -recast works, so I assume that with the tested item the -kill works also.
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:58 pm
By chance do you have other instant clicks on THF? Haven’t heard of any similar issues, wondering if they’re doing something unique with their items.
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 am
Project Lead
Yep. Lemme try to remember what it was...
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:21 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2Cast