General First time MQ user
First time MQ user
Hello, keep it simple trying to turn on the melee plugin /plugin melee, it says can't be loaded. do a plugin list, and its not on it. please help if u can
Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 pm
/plugin MQ2Melee
Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:02 pm
Senior Project Member
thank you
Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:07 pm
mq2melee is the devil. Well until you pull the source and remove what you dislike and recompile.
Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Listen to This Guy
Out of curiosity, which parts do you pull out?
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:51 pm
Senior Project Member
I actually dislike the plugin because it jacks up my setup and usually I get killed because it decided it knew best.
What I did was remove its ability to move my characters.
MQ2Melee's use of stick is worse then a 3rd grader trying to drive a car.
My personal prejudice aside, its a good plugin if it does what you want it to.
Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 pm
Listen to This Guy
I'm with you war, I always used my own routine for fighting
Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:54 pm
Project Lead
Same here. It works well until it doesn't and when it doesn't you're looking a Loading... Please wait.

The stick function in MQ2Melee is a total PITA. One of the funniest lines I have ever read came from a new MQ2 user on this site trying to understand MQ2Melee when he said... "I hit attack and one of my toons runs off to be a hero somewhere else."

I use some of Warmonger's code to handle melee control and have Frankensteined enough together that the worst that happens is a little happy dance to get the ignorant monk on the back of the mob and not eating ramp every fight.
Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:08 am
I have no problems with MQ2Melee anymore. I used to feel the same as others about it being crappy, but after changing it to use my own stick command in the ini I really never have a problem.

Yeah, there are things that I may eventually change just because I am on the Emu instead of live but they still work just fine as they are now.
Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:17 am
Senior Project Member
Count me among those who don't have a problem with MQ2Melee. I also use my own stick command via the ini.

My "runs off to be a hero somewhere else" issues are with MQ2MoveUtils during out of combat /sticking.
Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:10 pm
Senior Project Member
General First time MQ user