General Trouble targeting
Trouble targeting
I have a clicky that spawns an npc for 30 seconds. I am trying to automate the targeting of this npc.

For this example the player character's name is Fred so the spawned NPC's name is displayed as Fred's pet. So whichever PC uses the clicky will spawn a temporary NPC named PC's pet. Mary would spawn Mary's pet, etc.

Targeting the spawned NPC with a left mouse click followed by (command line) /echo ${Target.Name} returns "Fred's pet000". /echo ${Target.ID} returns 49.

From command line:
/whotarget shows "70 Fairy Druid Fred's pet (more text here) <NPC> 7.05 NE -2.34Z Pri: 10663".

/target Fred's pet returns "no spawns matching (0 - 300) pet fred's"
/target Fred's pet000 returns "no spawn matching (0 - 300) any fred's pet000"

From within a macro:
/varset Fairy (${Me.Name}'s pet) - sets variable Fairy to "Fred's pet"
/echo "Fairy's name is "${Fairy} - echos Fred's pet
/target ${Fairy} - does not target the npc for some reason.

The npc has to be differentiated from other pc's who may have also cast their clicky, so /target npc (closest) will not always target the correct one. So far, the only way to target the npc is to manually move the cursor to it & left click.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:49 pm
You might try this..

/noparse /bcaa //target id ${Me.Pet.ID}
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 pm
On THF i use /target ${Me.Name}'s in my macros to target my Spirit of Sune/Banker/Guildhallteleporter
Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:10 am
Zatty
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:57 pm
You might try this..

/noparse /bcaa //target id ${Me.Pet.ID}}

My character is a beastlord so the above mentioned will target the warder instead of the temporary teleporter.

Tristhan
Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:10 am
On THF i use /target ${Me.Name}'s in my macros to target my Spirit of Sune/Banker/Guildhallteleporter

I also am on THF using the UF client. I tried /target ${Me.Name}'s in my macro and on the command line and I am still getting the message that there are no spawns matching PCName's. Are you using titanium and is there a chance you could post your macro?
Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:05 am
Double check the name of the NPC. I know a few of those npc are `s and not 's.
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:39 am
Listen to This Guy
What is the easy way to target someone else's pet?

Lets say a mage wants to give an army of pets all petkits. How can the mage target them?
Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:48 am
Listen to This Guy
Double check the name of the NPC. I know a few of those npc are `s and not 's.

Gah, more eyes to see the prize!! That is exactly it; `s instead of 's. I missed it
completely. I finally got it working earlier (much thanks Tristhan.) Even then I missed the subtle difference. One is an apostrophe, what's the other, a tick mark?

Anyways, thx again all :)
Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 pm
Gah, more eyes to see the prize!! That is exactly it; `s instead of 's. I missed it
completely. I finally got it working earlier (much thanks Tristhan.) Even then I missed the subtle difference. One is an apostrophe, what's the other, a tick mark?

Anyways, thx again all :)

Yeah I use to play there and thought it was weird why I couldn't target some of the pets until I dumped names to a log file.

What is the easy way to target someone else's pet?

Lets say a mage wants to give an army of pets all petkits. How can the mage target them?

Guess that would depend on if they are your toons and connected to eqbc or not.
If connected to eqbc it would be easier to write something and not have to hard code any names.
Guess it would also depend on if its not your toons but you are always in a raid/group with them. Should be able to utilize the correct TLO's in that case.
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:15 pm
Listen to This Guy
Yes it would be own pets connected to EQBC. I havn't looked for any TLOs. The way i have it now I have to have each char target their pet and the the mage will assist Target. This sucks due to having to go to each char to target the pet manually.
Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:19 pm
Listen to This Guy
This works for targeting a pet

Macro
More +
#chat group
#chat tell
#chat chat
#chat say

#Turbo 20

Sub main
        /echo starting PetKit

:Mainloop
        /delay 2s
        /doevents
        /echo Waiting for Pet Weapon Tells
/goto :Mainloop
/return

Sub Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText)

/if (${ChatText.Equal[petkit]}) {

/target ${Spawn[${NetBots[${Sender}].PetID}]}
      /delay 3

}

/return

/endmacro
Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Listen to This Guy
General Trouble targeting