General Downsh!t: how to check if feigned?
Downsh!t: how to check if feigned?
Hi everyone, let me preface this by saying I am still VERY new at using MQ2. I've been reading what I can, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm very slow to pick up on things like this. I'm trying to write a basic downshit for my SK to cast vampiric embrace on himself. So far, I have the following (copy-pasted and edited from elsewhere in this forum):

More +
downshit0=/if (!${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Combat} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Spell[Vampiric Embrace].Stacks[5]}) /multiline ; /casting "Vampiric Embrace" -maxtries|10 -targetid|${Me.ID} ; /echo done buffing Vampiric Embrace

I have two questions:
(1) How do I put a check in to make sure my SK isn't feign deathed before trying to cast the spell? Something like !${Me.Feigned} ?

(2) Is there a central listing of all the syntax (such as ${me.percenthps}, ${me.combat}, etc to use? So far I've just been skimming other people's macros and taking the very few bits and pieces I comprehend to make crappy Frankencode.

Thanks for any help!
Sun May 27, 2012 6:38 pm
I believe it varies with the client/mq2 versions.

${Me.Feigning} is in the current live MQ2, but I think it does not work on some of the older versions.

You can simply feign manually then use this to test.
Macro
More +
/echo ${Me.Feigning}
If it returns true then it is valid.
If it does not work, then you will have to feign then use this.
Macro
More +
/echo ${Me.State}
Then you can make a check against whatever state it says.
Sun May 27, 2012 8:19 pm
Senior Project Member
Thanks for the reply. I had no idea about the /echo ${me.state} command, that's incredibly useful.
Mon May 28, 2012 4:52 pm
I tried out the /echo ${me.state} command, and it just returned "NULL". Is there a certain plugin I need to have enabled to have this work or did I do something wrong?
Tue May 29, 2012 6:37 am
Did you use proper spelling? ${Me.State} is different than ${me.state}

No plugin is needed. The commands work with stock MQ2. However, as Sorvani mentioned, not all commands work with all clients. A command which works on a new client might not work on an older client. We would need to know your client before we can give a command that we know will work on your client.

One of these commands should work:
Macro
More +
/echo ${Me.State}
/echo ${Me.State.Equal[FEIGN]}
/echo ${Me.Feigning}
/echo ${Me.Standing}
| will return FALSE when feigned
/echo ${Me.Animation}
| there are multiple animations for lying down/dead (16 and 146) as well as multiple actions for in the act of flopping down dead (not sure on those numbers)

They all work for Titanium, which is the oldest client supported on Emu servers and MQEmulator.
Tue May 29, 2012 12:51 pm
Senior Project Member
My bad, I overlooked the client issue, I'm running Titanium. I'll try the commands you listed when I get home from work,thanks for the tips.
Tue May 29, 2012 2:46 pm
General Downsh!t: how to check if feigned?