Goto page 1, 2  Next General I need a game suggestion, I'm trying to brain wash my wife.
I need a game suggestion, I'm trying to brain wash my wife.
I'm trying to find the perfect game to get my wife, an avid non-gamer, to play.

She tried Resident Evil 5 the other day and got so anxious the first time she was swarmed that she gave up! She was also absolutely rotten with the controls.

The basic goal is easy, addictive, and multiplayer. Preferably something with a semblance of a plot, meaning not the sims or tetris... though civilization wouldn't be terrible. She did recently admit that she though Skyrim looked fun, but it's not multiplayer and I don't know that she could handle the controls effectively.

EQ would probably be perfect but I think her watching me waste away for hours at a time in front of EQ for the last decade has turned her off to the idea; I'm scared to even suggest it. =)

She did also play Hero Accademy with me for awhile, but I was hoping for something more enthralling and with character progression, most likely an RPG. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 pm
Project Lead
I also would like this advice! I tried to get my wife in the Sims3 and that worked for a while till she was just waiting for the next expansion and got bored.

Diablo 3 is coming out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-WvgNOCls&feature=related
Fri May 04, 2012 6:41 am
Listen to This Guy
I got her to agree to give it a shot when it came out but I'm thinking it may be to action oriented
Fri May 04, 2012 9:10 am
Project Lead
After Sims3, I have her stuck on Facebook and Munson Bridge Wine!
http://www.munsonbridgewinery.com/

We keep joking she needs to get a super large cup and then name it.
Fri May 04, 2012 10:57 am
Listen to This Guy
I swear I replied to this Saturday; I'll blame it on AT&T. I bought her a copy of sims a few years ago, we were on desktops back then and she hates the computer room (loud servers and really cold) so she never got into it. She got herself an ultrabook a few weeks ago so hopefully that will enable her to veg a bit more. I think I'm going to try her out on D3 and see if she gets Into it, them maybe skyrim just to get her more familiar with 3D controls. I dunno though.... Not expecting much, maybe I should get her tipsy first too.
Mon May 07, 2012 11:14 pm
Project Lead
My wife just installed WoW and jumped on one of the emu servers.
Really surprised me that she managed it on her first attempt and was having a blast.
Maybe I can talk her into eqemu...
Another game however is the Civ4 and Civ5 those are both really fun.
See if your wife is interested in either of those.
Tue May 08, 2012 9:16 pm
Listen to This Guy
That's a good idea... We are board game geeks soaybe I could get her started on the tabletop first
Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 pm
Project Lead
Cant remember the names of some of the old board games I use to play with the guys. I'll have to look those up.
Civ4/5 do have a online feature but I never used it.
However you could utilize it so you two could play together. Either on the same team or against each other.
A friend of mine is working on a family friendly table top RPG that will use cards similar to M:TG
His goal is to make it easy enough for his wife / children to understand and get into. If he finishes it any time soon I'll get a copy and shoot it to you.
Wed May 09, 2012 2:35 pm
Listen to This Guy
That would be cool, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.
Thu May 10, 2012 2:11 am
Project Lead
WoW also exists as board game. It is rather fiddley, but quite enjoyable if you have the time.

My girlfriend got hooked on computer gaming by us playing Travian, I think. Some coöperation game with conflict anyway. We play a lot of board games as well with Arkham Horror being on of our favourites.
Wed May 23, 2012 6:05 pm
Maudigan,
Friend showed me a rough copy of what he has set up so far.
I know you wanted something now but I think this might be ready in the near future and I'll get you a copy to check out.
Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 pm
Listen to This Guy
Cool, I'll give him some no-holds-barred feedback. I picked up two copies of Diablo III. She's only played about 6 hours total, but that's far more than I anticipated. She also uttered that she was enjoying it more than she expected and has said several things about how addictive it is.
Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 pm
Project Lead
Great!
Thu May 24, 2012 10:58 am
Listen to This Guy
Did you or the wife give D3 a shot yet?
Thu May 24, 2012 6:59 pm
Project Lead
No,I want to. she isn't much of a gamer but loves to talk.... lol
Just started a living room remodel and all monies are budgeted out. I should show her a clip or something and find out.
Fri May 25, 2012 7:08 pm
Listen to This Guy
Goto page 1, 2  Next General I need a game suggestion, I'm trying to brain wash my wife.