General MQ2Melee Not working as intended?
MQ2Melee Not working as intended?
This weekend I noticed an issue with /melee that I had not witnessed previously. My son made a monk that I ran through a bunch of levels (1-70) but at the end many of his skills were low. I had set the monk's /melee and used "ctrl-A" to ensure I was accessing those skills so it made me wonder why he was setting at (less than 5 on several).

I put him on a practice dummy to increase those skills, popped a new window just to show skill ups, had /melee melee=1 running and turned him loose. Here's what I saw in the skill up window:

nothing...

until I turned off /melee and actually mashed the buttons for Flying Kick, Tiger Claw, etc...

On the surface it appears that MQ2melee is not working as intended for the monks as skills are not being fully utilized. Please correct me if I have missed something. It would be useful if these skills were automated in my box. This is on the UF build.

ini
More +
[MQ2Melee]
assasinate=0
backstab=0
bash=1
disarm=1
dragonpunch=1
eaglestrike=1
enrage=1
facing=1
feigndeath=30
fistsofwu=60
flyingkick=1
harmtouch=1
infuriate=1
kick=1
leopardclaw=60
melee=1
mend=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
plugin=1
provokeend=20
provokemax=1
provokeonce=1
resume=20
roundkick=1
slam=1
stickrange=75
taunt=1
tigerclaw=1
version=4.951
Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 am
I've have a couple of monks and never had a issue with /melee and UF infact i just started one a few day's ago on a new server. mq2melee will use the latest skill available unless you tell it other wise in the ini. For instance it was using round kick till i got tiger claw then it started using tiger claw then eagle strike when i got it.
Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 am
Do the appropriate skills have at least 1 point in them?
Do the appropriate skills have a button on the combat skills tab (cntl C)?

If not, then MQ can't "use" them. If MQ can't use them, then MQ2Melee can't either.
Last edited by grumble on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm
Senior Project Member
Oops. I had the wrong shortcut for the Combat Skills tab: it's Cntl-C.
Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:35 pm
Senior Project Member
All the skills have been set on hot buttons in the combat abilities(Ctrl - A). Should I have been using Combat Page (Ctrl-C)? More testing to do.

I think Whiteone may have hit on the answer. Melee evidently only uses the latest skill (read highest level/damage?)... even though most of them are stratified in the ini.
Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:51 pm
All the skills have been set on hot buttons in the combat abilities(Ctrl - A). Should I have been using Combat Page (Ctrl-C)? More testing to do.

Abilities tab and Combat skills tab work equally well for MQ to be able to use the button.

I think Whiteone may have hit on the answer. Melee evidently only uses the latest skill (read highest level/damage?)... even though most of them are stratified in the ini.

That's the intended use of MQ2Melee. If there are more than one ability that share the same timer, MQ2Melee picks the best one to use. To use a lower skill you have to turn off a higher skill (example: flyingkick=0).

Sorry about my earlier answer. I thought you were saying it wouldn't use ANY skill or that some skills would NEVER be used.
Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:44 pm
Senior Project Member
General MQ2Melee Not working as intended?