Character Browser coding today
coding today
I got alot of great coding done today.

I implemented the new permissions system that lets you set permissions for each user level, all,roleplay,anon,gm. You can block specific items for each user level instead of the blanket blocking used before. I thought I was going to have to add some queries in the mix which would effect the server, but I ended up not having to add any queries, and in fact it actually reduced 10-15 lines of code per character page. So... yea.

I also added a colorwheel to the signature builder. Then I managed to get to the bottom of the problem with PEQ's image rendering problems and found a work around and coded it into the project. Now if you don't have freetype installed on your server it will automatically flip over to using the deprecated GD text functions. If you don't have GD it will post an specific error message instead of a php exception.

So... this build is rapidly approaching completion. I've really edited alot of CORE functions of the software so I really want to leave this one up for awhile to realllly test it out well. The project is getting rather large and testing is becoming a full time job.
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:02 pm
Project Lead
hey airwalk, was wondering when the new release of magelo will be available for download? i'm really liking the work your doin with the signature building, and want to apply it to my own site.

nightsta69
Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 am
hopefully the next two weeks

edit: sorry was running out the door when I responded. I'm juggling this and another project that are kind of overlapping a little. The last little part to code on this is also going to be used in another project so I was playing catch up with the other project.
Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:51 pm
Project Lead
Character Browser coding today