General Site will be going legit
Site will be going legit
This has been up for discussion for awhile now, and consider it a real deal now. None of the details are concrete yet. I haven't totally decided what will/will not be allowed. It's a tough line to draw... i'm mostly of the PEQ community, so I would say whatever is allowed there, but the site is of the EMU community, so there is what the EMU boards consider(nothing), and what i personally consider obtrusive to a server....

Now would be the time to post any opinions if you have any. I can say without a doubt that Warp is gone and docrack is gone. I don't think either ever got posted for SoF and I'd ask that they not be. From what I understand all the stuff that is out can be deactivated, but I want to honor everyones subscription, I don't wanna be a jerk. I also need to check on what kind of colateral damage to the boards deactivating might cause.

Without a doubt there will be a PEQ approved build if cavedude will give said approval. I sent a feeler to him earlier today.

EQBC hud is my baby and it will stay up, I have some of my own plugins to add to the build eventually once I finish up with some magelo changes, and pick up with the site updates, its in much worse shape than it looks lol. =P

For me the MQ is really secondary to the game search stuff, i think that is really valuable to everyone. I know without the cheat stuff paid membership will pretty much dry up so I plan on putting up a donate button, and maybe some advertisements, I know they suck, but I'm not a rich man, and part of the deal is I pay the rest of this year out and take over hosting, and I hardly think my HUD will draw any subscribers.
Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Project Lead
General Site will be going legit