General How do I set up a Magelo? (Windows EQemu server)
How do I set up a Magelo? (Windows EQemu server)
Hi, I'm on a Windows EQemu server and need help getting started setting up a magelo, using the files in https://github.com/maudigan/charbrowser. I am an absolute beginner, so comments like "Set it up in Apache Spark" would be way over my head. I am used to seeing an .exe or .html file and voila it is done.

The instructions in the readme are basically to copy the files to a directory and modify the config. I think I can handle that part, but how do I even let my server "know" that the magelo files are even there? I have no idea how to get from the file copying/modifying part, to having full character search and view capability in a web browser. Can someone provide some guidance? I do have a standalone installation of PHP that I use to create evil Twitter bots, as well as a bare minimum knowledge of HTML. No idea if either of those is relevant. Thanks.
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:28 pm
Sorry I missed your post. I think maybe you’re thinking the magelo files are for the user to install. They are actually for the server operator to install on their website. If your server uses magelo it will be on their website somewhere (ask them). And you don’t need to set anything up. You’re auto enrolled if you play.
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:13 am
Project Lead
No problem, I missed your reply so no harm done! I am actually running my own server as a kind of a fun thing, so yes, if there are some beginner instructions on how to do create a magelo, now would be a great time...the public server I usually play on has removed a ton of functionality (including magelo...) Thanx.

If it requires a lot of training in things like Apache etc, just let me know - as a last resort I can export the PEQ tables to Excel and create a "fake" magelo via VBA macro that copy-pastes icons, item names etc!
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:19 pm
General How do I set up a Magelo? (Windows EQemu server)