General advertising
advertising
I was considering lowering the prices on the gold/silver forums and putting up a vertical Google addsence banner underneath the left menu to help pay for hosting. How would everyone feel about that?
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:23 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
It would be cool.
I think the prices are fair, Just the only for one month is the thing that turns people off.
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:37 am
Project Member (Retired)
I totally agree. I think you should do whatever it takes to make this a profitable en devour. I will be signing up for the premium services as soon as my new bank card comes in. I really do think that you should make some bots for the bigger/better eqemu servers to /ooc an advertisement every so often.
Aka
Captain Flabby
Aka
MC Aquafresh
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:15 pm
lol, that would seriously piss people off hehe.
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:21 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
I don't care who gets pissed off....do you?
Aka
Captain Flabby
Aka
MC Aquafresh
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:02 pm
lol, for the most part no. But the site would be kinda pointless if EVERYONE is pissed off and doesnt come here =P.
Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:56 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
Adsense came through today so I went ahead and put it up. I dunno how effective it will be with no keywords and stuff. Like the "Char" mover shows adds for Char-Broilers. So... yea...

Anyway, I was thinking about removing the adds for logged in silver/gold users since they are helping to support the page. After I get everything set up the price for silver should be drastically lower, but the features of each group will be totally different. I'm just going to keep playing with it till its in a place that people will value having a membership. I have some really good ideas for new plugins too that are all worked out upstairs in my head I just need to find the time to code.
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:39 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
The promotions on the internet will bring you awesome results. I think that seo campaign services are the best for every brand with a website because you can get zillions of website visitors without having to spend huge money because the traffic will be from the organic results.
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:14 am
Thanks, please don’t post ads though.
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:58 am
Project Lead
General advertising