General Autologin (ROF)
Autologin (ROF)
Is this available anywhere that you know of?
Sat May 24, 2014 10:21 am
Listen to This Guy
I don't think I have one, but if you have a good source for underfoot/titanium/SOF I can try to update the offsets when I have some time to sit down.
Sat May 24, 2014 10:36 am
Project Lead
Okay I lied, it's showing up as an option in the tool we use to make the distributions for download, so I have good code for at least one client. I think Sorvani may have sent me a good one. I haven't ever looked at its code, but I think IEatAcid wrote it and his later stuff tended to find the necessary detour offsets using pattern matching. If that's the case it'll be easy to port, if the offsets are hard coded it'll take awhile to find the new ones and I can't guarantee I can locate them--I haven't ever fiddled with that part of the client and IEatAcid is on another level with reversing. I probably have a cooler beard though, so I've always got that.
Sat May 24, 2014 10:44 am
Project Lead
It's in the download, for ROF already, did I misunderstand and you want the source?
Sun May 25, 2014 12:20 pm
Project Lead
Here is the source. It was pattern matched, so there are no offsets to update, but if you port it to a client that's wildly different the patterns need to be fixed. I did a compare on the UF code, and literally 1 letter changed--the way a class member was spelled.

RoF - MQ2AutoLogin

edit: Ignore that edit if you saw it before I deleted it. I answered my own question. I was wondering what the deal with the hardcoded server name was, and if I should bother adding other servers but it looks like the INI file takes precedence.
Sun May 25, 2014 12:30 pm
Project Lead
That does not look like the version I modified to allow players to specify server ID in the INI file. That is required or the plugin is useless on the emulator servers.

The original plugin used hardcoded server names and id based on the live list that only ever changes when servers are merged or added.

This version specifies peqtgc is server id 1. This only works on the PEQ login server. The public EQEmu login server changes server ID more often. That is why I added an INI method to it. If you do not see that version from me, I'll resend it
Mon May 26, 2014 7:29 am
Senior Project Member
Yeah, that's the only one I've got. I'm not sure how I got the wrong one... If you don't mind sending your corrected one, Ill merge it in.
Mon May 26, 2014 7:59 am
Project Lead
Sorry for the delay, but this source did have my changes to use the ini list. so follow the guide here: http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=4321#4321
Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:48 pm
Senior Project Member
So I don't need to make any updates... maybe to the ini?
Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:08 pm
Project Lead
If you play on PEQ and use the PEQ loginserver the INI is right.

If you use the public login server then there is no point to change the INI in the download as it changes ID numbers occasionally as noted in the instruction post on how to get your server ID.
Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 pm
Senior Project Member
General Autologin (ROF)