General Sometimes EQ "forgets" my option settings
Sometimes EQ "forgets" my option settings
This is really a pain in the butt but it seems like it happens every few weeks or maybe a little less. Anyways, all those settings where you change your settings to hide/show certain things like bard songs, player spells, etc get all changed to SHOW. Also, my graphics reset to high density and stuff like this.

I have no idea why, but when you're changing it on 12 guys it is a pain. I'd love to know what I can do to resolves this, and figure maybe you guys know.

Thanks.
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:52 am
I know if you camp out and quit, settings get saved. If you just shut your pc down without camping, no settings get saved.

Another though is, is your eq folder NOT in a program folder? On win7, it is recomended not to have it in this folder.
Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 am
Listen to This Guy
1: Log in only one toon
2: Set the shit up
3: Log out to desktop
4: Set eqclient.ini to read only

should cover most everything, havn't looked at what exactly is stored in the Character/server ini file but once you get your UI all setup could set that to read only as well.
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:06 pm
Listen to This Guy
I don't think this is specific to MQ2. The culprit options and associated files are EQ options/files and not MW2 options/files. In other words, you will have the same problems even if you don't use MQ2.

Those settings are spread between several files (all files located in your EQ directory):
eqclient.ini (graphics settings, hitsmode stuff, chat filter stuff)
UI_charname_Servername.ini (UI stuff, chat channel stuff)

UI_charname_Servername.ini plays nicely with other UI_charname_Servername.ini. They are character specific.

eqclient.ini does not play nicely with other eqclient.ini. Every character that logs in with any copy of eqclient.ini will have the exact same settings (graphics, hitsmodes, chat filters).

There are workarounds:

Plugins - Plugins such as MQ2Clipper override some settings in eqclient.ini and can be character specific. Not all settings have a plugin.

Multiple installations - Each install has a different eqclient.ini. Each different eqclient.ini will be loaded with different settings. It's very common to have a main install (with large resolution, pretty graphics, custom chat/histmode settings) and a box/bot install (with resource saving lower resolutions, filters, bare bones graphics, etc).

Batch file - Swaps in a specific version of eqclient.ini (with custom settings) then launches EQ.

WinEQ2 or WinEQ2Lite - Provides several additions to EQ, including the ability to have custom eqclient.ini for every character.
Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 am
Senior Project Member
General Sometimes EQ "forgets" my option settings