General Incorrect Client Version
Incorrect Client Version
I have always been using mq2 from this site to play on the project 99 servers, but today I downloaded live EQ to play on the test server. I can't seem to make any of these work for the game, and I also downloaded the December 15 version of mq2 from macroquest2 website and compiled it myself and I still get the incorrect version error. anyone have a working one as of today for live, or can tell me what I am doing wrong and which version I should get and compile:? appreciate the help!

- Anuli
Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:57 pm
None of our builds will work on live. We're pretty focused on the emulator community. As far as which build is working on live now, I'm not really sure, I haven't been on live since when GoD first came out. Sometimes it would be a couple weeks after the patch before a build came out. It's a lot of work from many people to adjust to a new client which is one of the reasons we don't try to keep up with live.

The newest build I saw was Dec 13th. http://www.macroquest2.com/downloads/MQ2-20121213a.zip you might give that a shot.
Last edited by Maudigan on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:51 pm
Project Lead
Sorry, you were right, 12/15 is the newest.

http://www.macroquest2.com/downloads/MQ2-20131215.zip

Not sure dude
Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:54 pm
Project Lead
It looks like their website may be messed up, when I clicked the 12/15 download link on their site it downloaded the one above it. Check the file name of your download and make sure it was MQ2-20131215.zip. If not use the link I posted above.

Edit: now it looks like its working fine.. May have been my imagination or a bad click.
Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:56 pm
Project Lead
Strange, I did try that one but it wasn't working. Oh well thank you for the quick reply :D
Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:33 pm
If you are playing on live, as far as I know only one mq2 site compiles for test server. Cant recall which of them it is as I do not use their stuff.
Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:10 am
Listen to This Guy
After a bit of searching, you are right. The mq2 site said test server doesn't work with mq2 because it gets a new eqgame.exe every day and there isn't enough time in the day to fix mq2 every day for it lol
Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:36 am
I'm actually having the same issue. I just decided to use MQ as a friend of mine had mentioned everything visible on the map (my SK can't track, obviously). As such, I have no clue where to start, so I just downloaded one at random (since they don't have a great deal of info on them). I play on Bertox, and I have no idea which client to download. I have 20/20 expansions. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:53 am
The only one that will possibly work is the most recent one from macroquest2.com in the downloads. If that doesnt work, I dont think anything will.
Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:00 am
Thank you!
Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:07 am
Test has not patched since 12/5 actually, unless it patched last night.. That said, you still cannot use a live MQ2 build on the test server, it is a different EXE.
You have to compile specifically for the test server. I know of no public source for a version that works on test.
Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:06 pm
Senior Project Member
General Incorrect Client Version